Re: Webheads:You are my strength!

  • Nelba
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2010
      Dear Hala,

      Your message + Celine's song are really moving.

      A very big hug from Argentina !!!! Congratulations on your
      achievements!!!! [:x] you cannot complain about 2010.

      You are really inspiring.

      I wish you the best in your new post and your new home.

      Any photo of your baby????
      Nelba

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Hala" <haloolahakema@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Webheads,
      >
      > Do you memorize the lyrics of Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me? If
      not, I would love you to read my words below while you're listening the
      song, please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-GONSfwnE&feature=related

      > It took me 5 month to write this message. Sorry! The pace of my life
      was moving/running like crazy. So many events and so many major
      decisions had to be taken. Btw, you don't need to reply to this message.
      I am just sharing my joy, again and again, with this amazing list.

      > You, webheads, taught me how use online tools for my professional
      development and how to use them with my students. I am now considered
      the pioneer in the field:
      http://blendedenglish09.pbworks.com/w/page/7503048/FrontPage

      > I taught my kids (18, 12) how to create presentation and how to
      present. They always get the highest mark, asked by their teachers where
      did they learn about that!

      https://calico.org/page.php?id=516

      > I was so excited then to have a look the book, but couldn't CALICO in
      Sudan. Vance took a screenshot for me.
      http://www.screencast.com/users/vances/folders/Jing/media/2bfdd1ab-6b2a-\
      4a17-bf20-81d5a4fc1cf8

      > Lawan Dalha offered to get my free copy sent from Canada, to Nigeria
      and send it back to me, because it can't be shipped directly to Sudan.

      > In May, 2010, I got my PhD on blended learning, the first on blended
      learning in Sudan. You are the ones who taught me the first steps on the
      online learning path.

      > In July, got a certificate from the American English Institute,
      University of Oregon with very high grade:
      > http://umbc.uoregon.edu/eteacher/webskills/index.html
      > http://e-hala-course.blogspot.com/
      >
      > In August, 2010, during my 38 week pregnancy, I had participated as a
      trainer for one day in a workshop with the British Council and
      University of Khartoum:
      > http://ictineltsudan.pbworks.com/w/page/27984456/Day-3
      >
      > I've learned from you how to succeed, in spite of the challenges and
      obstacles, I face. You taught me it's O.K. to ask for help. You showed
      me how one should always lend a helping hand. When I did ask for help,
      Carla was there for me:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlcZ5WazfQ&feature=player_embedded

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OoSdXzWLo&feature=player_embedded

      > Teresa, Cris and others responded and didn't want to leave me alone,
      so they dropped by:
      > http://todaysmeet.com/ictinelt-sudan
      >
      > Even those who apologized were sad for not being able to make it.
      (Thanks Graham!)

      > In October, I moved to Saudi Arabia to work at Yanbu University
      College. Guess what? I thought about "webehads" the minute I laid my
      eyes on my new teaching schedule "Educational Technology" course was
      among other linguistics courses. I was told that only last year this
      course started, and it was not a success. Now, I am nominated for the
      position of the e-learning Coordinator for the female campus.

      > And now, as part of introducing my students to synchronous tools, I
      asked Buth to present about her projects with her students, as we share
      the same context in some way. She accepted! The presentation will be at
      Ellumiante next week.

      > Thank you for everything that you've done for me, for my life, my
      career. You were there to help me whenever I needed you. For all the
      dreams you made come true...I'll be forever thankful!

      > It's a privilege to be part of this community.
      >
      > Dr. Hala Fawzi
      > Applied Linguistics Department
      > Yanbu University College
      > KSA

    • anisoara_pp
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 22, 2010
        Dear Hala,
        thank you for your students' comments.
        I will certainly ask my students to comment on your students' blogs and I'd like to do it myself if you could give me the links.

        With all the best wishes,
        Anisoara