Re: Webheads:You are my strength!

  • beyzaylmaz
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2010
      Dear Hala,

      I am sooo proud of you. Congratulations on your achievements. :)

      and this song is for us, Webheads:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

      a big cyber hug.

      warm regards

      Beyza :)

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > April, I had my first chapter published (Chapter 17). https://calico.org/page.php?id=516
      >
      > I was so
      > excited then to have a look the book, but couldn’t CALICO in Sudan. Vance took
      > a screenshot for me. http://www.screencast.com/users/vances/folders/Jing/media/2bfdd1ab-6b2a-4a17-bf20-81d5a4fc1cf8
      >

      > Lawan
      > Dalha offered to get my free copy sent from Canada, to Nigeria and send it back
      > to me, because it can’t be shipped directly to Sudan.
      >
      > In May,
      > 2010, I got my PhD on blended learning, the first on blended learning in Sudan.
      > You are the ones who taught me the first steps on the online learning path.
      >
      > In July,
      > got a certificate from the American English Institute, University of Oregon
      > with very high grade:
      >
      >  http://umbc.uoregon.edu/eteacher/webskills/index.html%c3%82%c2%a0
      >
      > http://e-hala-course.blogspot.com/
      >

      > In
      > August, 2010, during my 38 week pregnancy, I had participated as a trainer for
      > one day in a workshop with the British Council and University of Khartoum:
      >
      > http://ictineltsudan.pbworks.com/w/page/27984456/Day-3
      >

      > I’ve learned
      > from you how to succeed, in spite of the challenges and obstacles, I face.
      >
      > You
      > taught me it’s O.K. to ask for help. You showed me how one should always lend a
      > helping hand. When I did ask for help, Carla was there for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlcZ5WazfQ&feature=player_embedded
      >

      > Nellie,
      > always ready to extend a helping hand, was there too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OoSdXzWLo&feature=player_embedded
      >

      > Teresa,
      > Cris and others responded and didn’t want to leave me alone, so they dropped
      > by:
      >
      > http://todaysmeet.com/ictinelt-sudan
      >

      > Even
      > those who apologized were sad for not being able to make it. (Thanks Graham!)
      >
      > In October, looking for a better life,
      > I moved to Saudi Arabia to work at Yanbu University College. Guess what? I
      > thought about “webehads” the minute I laid my eyes on my new teaching schedule “Educational
      > Technology” course was among other linguistics courses. I was told that only last
      > year this course started, and it was not a success. Now, I am nominated for the
      > position of the e-learning Coordinator for the female campus.
      >
      > And now,
      > as part of introducing my students to synchronous tools, I asked Buth to present
      > about her projects with her students,  as
      > we share the same context in some way. She accepted! The presentation will be at
      > Ellumiante next week.
      >
      > Thank
      > you for everything that you’ve done for me, for my life, my career. You were
      > there to help me whenever I needed you. For all the dreams you made come

    • anisoara_pp
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 22, 2010
        Dear Hala,
        thank you for your students' comments.
        I will certainly ask my students to comment on your students' blogs and I'd like to do it myself if you could give me the links.

        With all the best wishes,
        Anisoara