Dennis: Request for simple website check

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
      Could anyone, someone, everyone help me in a simple fashion?

      Could you please visit my website and let me know OFF LIST at:

      djn@...

      if my website:

      www.dennisnewson.de

      is now free of its Google imposed: POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS WEBSITE
      classification?

      Thanktfully,

      Dennis.
      --
      *

      Dennis Newson

      Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      **

      Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

      Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

      Unrepentant grammarophobe

      YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

      Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
      younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

      Skype: Osnacantab

      Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

      *

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
        I'm afraid not yet, Dennnis.
        B.

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://barbaradieu.com

      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
          This is what I get - a red alert page and then when I click on Why this page
          is blocked I get the following message:
          Safe Browsing*Diagnostic page for* dennisnewson.de

          *What is the current listing status for dennisnewson.de?*

          Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your
          computer.

          Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past
          90 days.

          *What happened when Google visited this site?*

          Of the 3 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s)
          resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user
          consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-11-21, and the
          last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-11-21.

          Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including
          addonrock.ru/<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=addonrock.ru/>,
          alienradar.ru/<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=alienradar.ru/>
          .

          This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS8560
          (SCHLUND)<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=AS:8560>
          .

          *Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of
          malware?*

          Over the past 90 days, dennisnewson.de did not appear to function as an
          intermediary for the infection of any sites.

          *Has this site hosted malware?*

          No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

          *How did this happen?*

          In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites,
          which would cause us to show the warning message.

          *Next steps:*

          - Return to the previous
          page.<http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.dennisnewson.de/#>
          - If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your
          site using Google Webmaster Tools<http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/>.
          More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster
          Help Center<http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=45432>
          .

          Updated 1 hours ago

          Best regards,
          B.

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://barbaradieu.com

        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
            :-( Thanks B. I do not get this warning, so your check was very valuable.

            Dennis

            *

            Dennis Newson

            Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
            **

            Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

            Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

            Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

            Unrepentant grammarophobe

            YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

            Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
            younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

            Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

            Skype: Osnacantab

            Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

            *

          • Gavin Dudeney
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
              Dennis,

              Firefox automatically blocks the site still, and my antivirus detects a
              malware threat embedded in it.

              Best,

              Gavin

              Gavin Dudeney - Director of Technology, The Consultants-E

              c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

              Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

              <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/> http://www.theconsultants-e.com

              Original Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT -
              <http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7> http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7

              Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - <http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54>
              http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

              Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - <http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4>
              http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4

              Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - <http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw>
              http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

              CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

              djn@... <mailto:djn%40dennisnewson.de>

              if my website:

              www.dennisnewson.de

              is now free of its Google imposed: POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS WEBSITE
              classification?

              Thanktfully,

              Dennis.
              --
              *

              Dennis Newson

              Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
              **

              Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

              Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

              Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

              Unrepentant grammarophobe

              YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

              Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
              younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:younglearners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
              <Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:Subscribe%253Ayounglearners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com> >

              Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

              Skype: Osnacantab

              Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

              *

            • Maria D
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                My antivirus does exactly the same. Sorry!

                Mary

                -> Firefox automatically blocks the site still, and my antivirus detects a
                > malware threat embedded in it.
                >

                > Best,
                >

                > Gavin

              • Fire
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                  I checked your website, and got a warning message (red screen)

                  On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

                  > Could anyone, someone, everyone help me in a simple fashion?
                  >
                  > Could you please visit my website and let me know OFF LIST at:
                  >
                  > djn@... <djn%40dennisnewson.de>
                  >
                  > if my website:
                  >
                  > www.dennisnewson.de
                  >
                  > is now free of its Google imposed: POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS WEBSITE
                  > classification?
                  >
                  > Thanktfully,
                  >
                  > Dennis.
                  > --
                  > *
                  >
                  > Dennis Newson
                  >
                  > Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
                  > **
                  >
                  > Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG
                  >
                  > Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/
                  >
                  > Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
                  >
                  > Unrepentant grammarophobe
                  >
                  > YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org
                  >
                  > Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
                  > younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<younglearners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > <Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%253Ayounglearners-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > >

                  > Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de
                  >
                  > Skype: Osnacantab
                  >
                  > Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov
                  >
                  > *

                • Marcela Amaral
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                    Hi Dennis,

                    Just to let you know that the message bellow appears when I tried to take a look
                    at your website. The message is in Portuguese, but it is a standard message. It
                    is a warning and it says the computer can be damaged through the website.
                    Hope I can help!
                    Marcela from Brazil =)

                    Aviso: A visita a este site pode prejudicar seu computador.
                    O site em www.dennisnewson.de parece hospedar malwares (softwares que podem
                    danificar o seu computador ou agir sem o seu consentimento). Apenas a visita a
                    um site que hospeda malware pode infectar o seu computador.
                    Para informações detalhadas sobre os problemas com este site, visite a Página de
                    diagnóstico de Navegação segura. for www.dennisnewson.de do Google.
                    Saiba mais sobre como se proteger do software prejudicial on-line.
                    Sei que a visita a este site pode prejudicar meu computador.
                    Teacher Marcela Amaral

                    ________________________________
                    From: Dennis Newson <djn@...>
[...]

                  • Maria Irene Albers
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
                      Dear Dennis,
                      I got a warning in Spanish about your site.

                      María Irene Albers de Urriola
                      Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                      Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                      Universidad de Carabobo