Re: it's "turkey" day!!! ;-)

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2010
      Dear Tere,
      Thank you for your Thanksgiving wish! I had a Greek-American Thanksgiving this year with my husband's family: there was turkey, but no cranberries; and there was delicious tiropita (little cheese triangles, taramosalata (fish roe + potato dip) and kalamata olives). Instead of pumpkin pie, dessert was karidopasta (walnut cake with sugar syrup). I think Americans of various ethnic backgrounds all usually roast a turkey but the other foods on the table depend on their background. By the way I have observed that new Americans and immigrants usually celebrate Thanksgiving. As it is not a religious holiday nor a patriotic one, it is easy for everyone to observe.
      Happy Thanksgiving to everyone1
      Hugs,
      Nina