Free cc Sources for language learners english / french at level A2 - As Testbed for an eu project.

  • Andreas Auw√§rter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2010
      Hi Webheads,

      See it as a small sign that I now feel home at my new workplaces.
      At the Institute for Knowledge Media (IWM) we are embedded in a bigger eu project called: ROLE. The aim of role is to handle the needs of self paced and self intended learning - and to develop an architechture which assists to the learners needs and his PLE. More details about this on: http://www.role-project.eu/ .

      One of the next tasks is to establish a testbed with one partner in shanghai. There are learners in language learning and the aim is to demonstrate the whole power of the collectivly developed tools in an real enviroment.

      Therefore I am looking out for online material, you would suggest or have experiences, for Level A2 learners at Shanghai University (the levels are brought to the language levels by the europass.(http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)

      The reason I am asking you for help is simple: This language testbed came surprinsingly and seems to be a great challenge. It is very difficult without beeing a SME in language learning browsing all the available material to decide if this is effective for the aim enable the learners to get from A2 to the next level. And also i guess its a good idea to share the material inside the webheads! ;-) There is one restriction: It should be available in china where our testbed is placed.

      BTW: We plan to arrange an openetherpad to get this material structured and the collection available to the community.
      BTW2: Its understatement to keep the cc-rules, which means making source and rights owner(s) transparent and mentioned respectfully.
      So looking forward to your suggestions and help.

      Sincerly yours
      Andreas