Re: Suggesting a proper tool

  • ElizabethHS
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
      In addition to Tere's suggestion, you might want to look at some of the sites linked from this blog:
      <http://blueblots.com/tools/20-free-online-video-editing-tools/>
      Lots of video editors can handle still photos also.

      Bien also has a list of photo/image editors:
      <http://blueblots.com/tools/50-list-of-free-online-photo-editing-tools/>

      But you may need to record separate voice files on your computer with a tool like Audacity <http://www.audacity.sourceforge.net> and then upload them to the video editor.

      (Mind the spaces Yahoo inserts. And thanks to Mbarek for the tips for these links!)

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "anisoara_pp" <anisoara_pp@...> wrote:

      > Dear Webheads,
      > I am teaching a group of students in Tourism, Restaurants and Hospitality and would like to ask them to work on a project in the field.
      > Could you suggest a simple tool that combines film/images with voice? except for Voice Thread which we've already used?
      >
      > Gratefully,
      > Anisoara

    • anisoara_pp
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2010
        Thank you, Teresa, for taking your very precious time to gather the information and examples.
        I do appreciate it as I do appreciate all the great ideas I read on this list.
        Anisoara
      • anisoara_pp
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2010
          Hi Nergiz,
          Thank you for your interest and desire to help. I have used VT with the same students during their General English courses and it was quite successful as students had to collaborate. Now, besides intending to provide them with a new tool, I would like to explore a more film-like, one-author tool as they are evaluated on individual project basis.
          Kind regards,
          Anisoara
          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Nergiz" <k.ergiz@...> wrote:

          > Hi Anisoara
          >
          > There are so many tools out there. It would help to know why you need an alternative to Voicethread. Does Voicethread lack a feature you need? Is it too complicated? What exactly do you want your students to (be able to) do with this tool?.
          >
          > Best
          >
          > Nergiz

        • anisoara_pp
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2010
            Thank you Elizabeth (and Mbarek) for the links which I will definitely explore. I know Audacity, therefore voice recording will not represent a problem.
            I am already looking forward to using myself and then deciding which one/ones to use with my students.
            Best wishes to you all,
            Anisoara