Re: Speed Geek this Sunday at 13:00 GMT EVO Moderators 2011

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
      Hi,

      The recording for the event tonight where Elizabeth Hanson-Smith coordinated a presentation put on by EVO, or Electronic Village Online, moderators - is here:
      http://tinyurl.com/7nov2010evo

      I've created a portal for our speedgeeking events
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/

      The event this evening joins an archive at
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/fall2010

      If you'd like to give an event yourself (please do!), see the CfP here
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/cfp

      If you're wondering WHEN you might give one, we have thousands of dates to choose from, starting here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded

      Finally, there's a calendar of these and similar events here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/calendar

      Hope to see you on a Sunday Real Soon Now,

      Vance

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance" <vancestev@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > This Sunday at 1300 GMT Elizabeth Hanson-Smith will coordinate a presentation on EVO, or Electronic Village Online. You can find information about the free professional development available over a 5-week period this coming January and February 2011 here http://evosessions.pbworks.com/, and you can come to this live event to meet some of the moderators who are now preparing to put on these sessions; e.g.
      >
      > PLEs and PLNs
      > Susan Berg, Letizia Cinganoto, Daniella Cuccurullo
      > Second Life
      > Dennis Newson, Kalyan Chattopadhyay, Heike Philp, Maria Pinto, Nahir Aparicio
      > Podcasts
      > Evelyn Izquierdo, Jose Rodriguez, Miguel Mendoza
      > Digital Storytelling
      > Carla Arena
      > Multiliteracies
      > Vance Stevens, Dennis Oliver, Jennifer Verschoor, Nelba Quintana
      > Internet4YoungLearners (a 2010 EVO session)
      > Sandra Rogers
      >
      > The event actually starts at noon GMT (4 p.m. in the UAE) when teaching practitioners gather at http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT (5 p.m. in the UAE) we move to the presentation venue in Elluminate at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
      >
      > Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).
      >
      > The Google Calendar showing these events displays at http://multiliteracies.ning.com/
      >
      > All are welcome, and hope to see you there,
      > Vance
      >
      > p.s. if you can teach us all something/anything please volunteer to conduct an upcoming Sunday speedgeek session, thanks :-)

    • Gilmar Mattos
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
        It was a great event - very enriching and inspiring. I'm glad I've finally managed to be there live (lol). Highly recommended to watch.
        Best from cloudy Franca-SP-Brazil.

        Gilmar
        http://gilteacherbrazil.blogspot.com
        http://myonepage.com/GilMattos