Speed Geek this Sunday at 13:00 GMT EVO Moderators 2011

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      This Sunday at 1300 GMT Elizabeth Hanson-Smith will coordinate a presentation on EVO, or Electronic Village Online. You can find information about the free professional development available over a 5-week period this coming January and February 2011 here http://evosessions.pbworks.com/, and you can come to this live event to meet some of the moderators who are now preparing to put on these sessions; e.g.

      PLEs and PLNs
      Susan Berg, Letizia Cinganoto, Daniella Cuccurullo
      Second Life
      Dennis Newson, Kalyan Chattopadhyay, Heike Philp, Maria Pinto, Nahir Aparicio
      Podcasts
      Evelyn Izquierdo, Jose Rodriguez, Miguel Mendoza
      Digital Storytelling
      Carla Arena
      Multiliteracies
      Vance Stevens, Dennis Oliver, Jennifer Verschoor, Nelba Quintana
      Internet4YoungLearners (a 2010 EVO session)
      Sandra Rogers

      The event actually starts at noon GMT (4 p.m. in the UAE) when teaching practitioners gather at http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT (5 p.m. in the UAE) we move to the presentation venue in Elluminate at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh

      Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).

      The Google Calendar showing these events displays at http://multiliteracies.ning.com/

      All are welcome, and hope to see you there,
      Vance

      p.s. if you can teach us all something/anything please volunteer to conduct an upcoming Sunday speedgeek session, thanks :-)
    • Vance
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
        Hi,

        The recording for the event tonight where Elizabeth Hanson-Smith coordinated a presentation put on by EVO, or Electronic Village Online, moderators - is here:
        http://tinyurl.com/7nov2010evo

        I've created a portal for our speedgeeking events
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/

        The event this evening joins an archive at
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/fall2010

        If you'd like to give an event yourself (please do!), see the CfP here
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/cfp

        If you're wondering WHEN you might give one, we have thousands of dates to choose from, starting here:
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded

        Finally, there's a calendar of these and similar events here:
        http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/calendar

        Hope to see you on a Sunday Real Soon Now,

        Vance

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance" <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > This Sunday at 1300 GMT Elizabeth Hanson-Smith will coordinate a presentation on EVO, or Electronic Village Online. You can find information about the free professional development available over a 5-week period this coming January and February 2011 here http://evosessions.pbworks.com/, and you can come to this live event to meet some of the moderators who are now preparing to put on these sessions; e.g.
        >
        > PLEs and PLNs
        > Susan Berg, Letizia Cinganoto, Daniella Cuccurullo
        > Second Life
        > Dennis Newson, Kalyan Chattopadhyay, Heike Philp, Maria Pinto, Nahir Aparicio
        > Podcasts
        > Evelyn Izquierdo, Jose Rodriguez, Miguel Mendoza
        > Digital Storytelling
        > Carla Arena
        > Multiliteracies
        > Vance Stevens, Dennis Oliver, Jennifer Verschoor, Nelba Quintana
        > Internet4YoungLearners (a 2010 EVO session)
        > Sandra Rogers
        >
        > The event actually starts at noon GMT (4 p.m. in the UAE) when teaching practitioners gather at http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT (5 p.m. in the UAE) we move to the presentation venue in Elluminate at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
        >
        > Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).
        >
        > The Google Calendar showing these events displays at http://multiliteracies.ning.com/
        >
        > All are welcome, and hope to see you there,
        > Vance
        >
        > p.s. if you can teach us all something/anything please volunteer to conduct an upcoming Sunday speedgeek session, thanks :-)

      • Gilmar Mattos
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
          It was a great event - very enriching and inspiring. I'm glad I've finally managed to be there live (lol). Highly recommended to watch.
          Best from cloudy Franca-SP-Brazil.

          Gilmar
          http://gilteacherbrazil.blogspot.com
          http://myonepage.com/GilMattos