Invitation to join me in Elluminate at 8 am GMT today for ESPPDO

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010
      For the past two weeks I've been teaching a course to colleagues and interested students where I work called Enhancing Student Performance and Professional Development, or ESPPDO for short.

      I intend to broadcast the final session from the PI in Abu Dhabi in Elluminate, http://tinyurl.com/y3eh. To join us you need to register with Learning Times (the entity providing our grant to use the Elluminate room) and click on the big green Enter button.

      We are meeting there at 8 a.m. GMT (noon in the UAE) today, Nov 3, 2010. All are welcome to join us.

      If you join us from somewhere far from us on the planet you will help us put in action the concept of PLN, and of course we will all enjoy sharing with you. We'll record the session between 8 and 9 a.m. GMT, but you can just drop in and say HI during that time or stay as long as you like.

      We've made ESPPDO into a tag and incorporated it into a number of URLs meant to be `hooks' into the course; for example:

      * http://tinyurl.com/esppdo
      The Google Doc used to describe the course, invite participation, and to record some of its events
      * http://delicious.com/tag/esppdo
      a compilation of sites that we have visited and tagged `esppdo' - and we are also using `esppdo10' in anticipation of later having an esppdo11
      * http://esppdo.posterous.com
      a blog that we started hoping to get some class interaction going - but this hasn't happened so far really :-((

      We broadcast the last session at http://connect.pi.ac.ae/taedtech and attracted one student online who serendipitously got us to share our URLs there. You can visit that link to view the ongoing meeting and you can replay the text chat there or see an annotated version of it in the Google Doc bulleted above (soon to be at the ESPPDO Posterous blog noted below), or find all the links referenced at the Delicious link in the bulleted list above.

      If you'd like to learn more about what we've done so far,

      * the proceedings of the first session were published at http://justcurious.posterous.com/enhancing-student-performance-and-professiona
      * and those of the second at http://esppdo.posterous.com/communicating-and-conversing-with-your-studen
      * I will post the proceedings of the third session to the above blog by email during the online session today, to demonstrate how Posterous works as a class communication device.

      For our last session, our discussion will roughly follow what it says in the syllabus but will be guided by who turns up and what they would like to learn or share. We might just review what we've done in the course so far and propose what might be our next step in our mutual learning journeys.

      In a further effort to attract a wider audience, I'll send out tweets on Twitter about an hour from now (7 gmt).

      If you're free at 8 am GMT today, hope to see you at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh.

      Vance
    • Vance
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
        Hi, this session was recorded and can be heard here:
        http://tinyurl.com/tags2010nov3

        It turned out to be a discussion of tagging. Considering it was announced at the last minute it was well attended by Amer, a student at the PI where I work, John, one of my colleagues here, and Ingrid and Dennis (both from Germany).

        At 45 minutes, this was a little gem, hope you enjoy it,

        Vance

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance" <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > For the past two weeks I've been teaching a course to colleagues and interested students where I work called Enhancing Student Performance and Professional Development, or ESPPDO for short.
        >
        > I intend to broadcast the final session from the PI in Abu Dhabi in Elluminate, http://tinyurl.com/y3eh. To join us you need to register with Learning Times (the entity providing our grant to use the Elluminate room) and click on the big green Enter button.
        >
        > We are meeting there at 8 a.m. GMT (noon in the UAE) today, Nov 3, 2010. All are welcome to join us.
        >
        > If you join us from somewhere far from us on the planet you will help us put in action the concept of PLN, and of course we will all enjoy sharing with you. We'll record the session between 8 and 9 a.m. GMT, but you can just drop in and say HI during that time or stay as long as you like.
        >
        > We've made ESPPDO into a tag and incorporated it into a number of URLs meant to be `hooks' into the course; for example:
        >
        > * http://tinyurl.com/esppdo
        > The Google Doc used to describe the course, invite participation, and to record some of its events
        > * http://delicious.com/tag/esppdo
        > a compilation of sites that we have visited and tagged `esppdo' - and we are also using `esppdo10' in anticipation of later having an esppdo11
        > * http://esppdo.posterous.com
        > a blog that we started hoping to get some class interaction going - but this hasn't happened so far really :-((
        >
        > We broadcast the last session at http://connect.pi.ac.ae/taedtech and attracted one student online who serendipitously got us to share our URLs there. You can visit that link to view the ongoing meeting and you can replay the text chat there or see an annotated version of it in the Google Doc bulleted above (soon to be at the ESPPDO Posterous blog noted below), or find all the links referenced at the Delicious link in the bulleted list above.
        >
        > If you'd like to learn more about what we've done so far,
        >
        > * the proceedings of the first session were published at http://justcurious.posterous.com/enhancing-student-performance-and-professiona
        > * and those of the second at http://esppdo.posterous.com/communicating-and-conversing-with-your-studen
        > * I will post the proceedings of the third session to the above blog by email during the online session today, to demonstrate how Posterous works as a class communication device.
        >
        > For our last session, our discussion will roughly follow what it says in the syllabus but will be guided by who turns up and what they would like to learn or share. We might just review what we've done in the course so far and propose what might be our next step in our mutual learning journeys.
        >
        > In a further effort to attract a wider audience, I'll send out tweets on Twitter about an hour from now (7 gmt).
        >
        > If you're free at 8 am GMT today, hope to see you at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh.
        >
        > Vance

      • Emma Miliani
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
          Sorry to have missed your session. I read your post closely, explored the links
          and as usual I found many interesting ideas and sites to share with my
          students.
          Regards,
          Emma Miliani