RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Grouply

  • Mercedes Viola
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
      I don’t know much.

      There’s another one which seems quite good

      http://www.mixxt.com/

      Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis

      Directora

      4D Content English

      Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501

      Montevideo - Uruguay

      Tel: (598 2) 9161496

      <http://www.4d.edu.uy/> www.4d.edu.uy

      P Please consider the planet before printing this email.
      Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
        This is a subject to which I have given some thought.

        One or two of my thoughts went into this article called "The Ning Thing"
        http://www.tesl-ej.org/wordpress/issues/volume14/ej53/ej53int/

        The definitive crowd sourced document on the topic was seeded by Alec Couros
        here:
        http://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1OR38ADYxjiSjMGn5M2q_nnerR98jd5unoqvOdRHK8GE&hl=en#

        I tracked some of my attempts to recoup my ning communities here
        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DH-g7fxaEPyS5vPZXI91UT3XaXNh0MvBRX1LTrahppg/edit?hl=en#

        Grouply was the best as far as allowing migration from Ning with a community
        intact. Posterous was a close competitor, promising to design tools that
        would match competition on many fronts. It was thanks to posterous that I
        managed to save my Ning blogs. But this was most useful only at the time.

        Now, if I were to start a new community, the only reason I might choose
        Grouply is that it provides a layer of social depth to a YahooGroup
        community. The two can remain separate but interact with one another in
        ways that might be useful to members. Also Grouply supports educators with
        added features that they normally charge for. They do often send digests and
        updates but these can be ignored or archived.

        It seems I went from Ning to Grouply so I really haven't tried any of the
        other tools apart from Posterous in a serious way with online communities.
        If anyone has any hands on post experiential recommendations it would be
        nice to hear them.

        Vance