Upcoming Speedgeeks Sunday noon GMT

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      Just to let you know what's coming up in the SpeedGeek series:

      Sunday, Oct 31, Dafne Gozalez, Teresa Almeida d'Eca, and Vance Stevens
      discuss approaches to teaching in the TESOL PPOT online program

      This event is part of a participant-driven professional development series
      planned as a part of the ongoing (since 1998) Webheads in Action
      professional development series. The events take place at 13:00 GMT each
      Sunday.

      The event actually starts at noon GMT when teaching practitioners gather at
      http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT we move to
      Elluminate http://tinyurl.com/y3eh

      Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and
      prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).

      The one after that, on Nov 7 Elizabeth Hanson-Smith will coordinate a
      presentation on EVO, or Electronic Village Online. You can find information
      about the free professional development available over a 5-week period this
      coming January and February 2011 here http://evosessions.pbworks.com/, and
      you can come to this live event to meet some of the moderators who are now
      preparing to put on these sessions.

      There's one other thing, I've been teaching a course at my workplace called
      Enhancing Student Performance and Professional Development Online at
      http://tinyurl.com/esppdo. We've recorded what we did in the first two
      classes in the latest postings in http://justcurious.posterous.com and
      http://esppdo.posterous.com

      I'm planning a live session of the next class, 09:00 GMT on Sunday. You
      might want to join in, http://connect.pi.ac.ae/taedtech.

      I'll write more about each of these events as they are about to unfold, but
      for now you might want to mark your calendars.
      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Vance
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
        Hi,

        Here is the url for the recording of this event:
        http://tinyurl.com/31oct2010spdgeek

        Enjoy,

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Just to let you know what's coming up in the SpeedGeek series:
        >
        > Sunday, Oct 31, Dafne Gozalez, Teresa Almeida d'Eca, and Vance Stevens
        > discuss approaches to teaching in the TESOL PPOT online program

      • Gilmar Mattos
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
          Vance,
          When does it take place Brasília time? I was waiting for it to start now (01:13 pm -now).
          My bad (lol). And we're having elections today.
          Warm wishes from cloudy, Franca-SP-Brazil

          Gilmar

          http://gilteacherbrazil.blogspot.com

          http://myonepage.com/GilMattos

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
            Hi, Vance!

            I really enjoyed the session yesterday and think it was useful, especially
            because we concluded that different approaches to the PP courses are
            possible - our two courses are examples of that - and both work.

            Glad that you all enjoyed my Halloween e-card! :-)

            Hugs, Teresa

            Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 2:25 PM