noon GMT Sunday tat Tapped in Oct 17 and live SpeedGeek session 13:00 GMT

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
      When: noon and 13:00 Sunday Oct 17
      Where: start at http://tappedin.org
      Move to: Elluminate http://tinyurl.com/y3eh

      Deborah Pincon is in the Ph.D. program at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, and is conducting a qualitative analysis of the types of support Webhead members provide to one another in the context of mediated (virtual) communication and small groups. To begin the study, she interviews Vance Stevens to get a feel for the overall goals and history of the Webheads. This will be followed by content analyses of some postings to the Webheads YahooGroup and interactions at virtual conferences, and interviews of other Webheads members, after which she will submit her research for publication.

      Debby has graciously consented to allow the initial interview to be conducted as one of our regularly scheduled Sunday teacher professional events, and to welcome everyone to attend. There is more information about Webheads at http://webheads.info

      This event is part of a participant-driven professional development series planned as a part of the ongoing (since 1998) Webheads in Action professional development series, most recently with the involvement of the TESOL Arabia EdTech SIG. The events take place at 13:00 GMT each Sunday (5 pm in UAE).

      The event actually starts at noon GMT (4 p.m. in the UAE) when teaching practitioners gather at http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT (5 p.m. in the UAE) we move to the presentation venue.

      The event this week will take place in Elluminate http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
      Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).

      Hope you will join us,
      Vance
    • Vance
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2010