Webheads presentations at VRT3 Oct 8, 13:00 GMT all welcome

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      The following Webheads community members will participate in the third Virtual Round Table, an ongoing set of presentations taking place Oct 8-9, 2010 at
      http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events

      Our event is at 13:00 GMT. We will present in an Adobe Connect room whose URL can be found here nearer the time of the event:
      http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/panel-discussion-blended

      Panelists are:
      Vance Stevens, moderator
      Michael Coghlan
      Erika Cruvinel
      Carla Arena
      Jennifer Verschoor
      Dafne Gonzalez
      Teresa Almeida d'Eca

      Description of the event:
      Vance Stevens, Jennifer Verschoor, Michael Coghlan, Carla Arena, and Erika Cruvinel recently met physically in Argentina and Brazil for a series of face-to-face conference presentations and teacher-training workshops.

      Vance Stevens, Dafne Gonzales, and Teresa Almeida d'Eca have just concluded online teacher training events for TESOL in the Principles and Practices of Online Teaching program.

      All panelists are innovative educators with long experience in both face-to-face and online teacher training, and long-time active participants in the web-based community of practice and social network, Webheads in Action
      http://webheads.info

      They will meet at this event to discuss their involvement with teacher training face-to-face, online, and in virtual worlds. They will focus all of these modalities towards a greater understanding of what teachers need to know and practice in this digital age of greater connectivity with its many affordances and potentials for all kinds of learning.

      Participation in the event is free of charge, no registration required (though you can join the Ning at http://www.virtual-round-table.com if you wish), and all are welcome.
    • Rita
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
        Very dear colleagues,

        I am sorry I wasn't able to attend your round table event during the weekend as I've just come back from Montevideo, Uruguay, after participating in the 3rd Foro de Lenguas ANEP http://www.3fla.blogspot.com/, a f2f Congress summoning educators of different languages --English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese-- to share a wide variety of topics on education in their own perspectives, many of them on the integration of technology.

        It was a most enriching experience, and I myself presented in Spanish to reach a wider audience, on "The Internet as a Generator of Resources that promote Interaction in Foreign Language Learning", in which not only did I show some of my personal intercultural projects with many Webheads and my students, but also spoke about CoP's and particularly about ours as the epitome of an online Community.

        I am very happy to say several attendees were familiar with WIA, and only needed a light push ;-) Others, like teachers of other languages, became interested in joining a CoP as the only/best chance of gaining the necessary insight to be able to make a paradigm shift. In fact, in a couple of talks I also heard the topic mentioned by many a colleague, which was sheer pleasure, after having suffered isolation for so long :-)

        Again, my apologies, would have loved to join you all, and am looking forward to listening to the recordings --already posted the site where they are..? I'm sure they were all grand, as usual!

        Warmest regards to all,

        Rita

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance" <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > The following Webheads community members will participate in the third Virtual Round Table, an ongoing set of presentations taking place Oct 8-9, 2010 at
        > http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events
        >
        > Our event is at 13:00 GMT. We will present in an Adobe Connect room whose URL can be found here nearer the time of the event:
        > http://www.virtual-round-table.com/events/panel-discussion-blended
        >
        > Panelists are:
        > Vance Stevens, moderator
        > Michael Coghlan
        > Erika Cruvinel
        > Carla Arena
        > Jennifer Verschoor
        > Dafne Gonzalez
        > Teresa Almeida d'Eca

      • Vance
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
          Hi Rita,

          Thanks for checking in from Montevideo. Quickly, recordings of this last weekend's presentations are here:
          http://tinyurl.com/VRT10Notes-Recordings

          Ours is at: http://lancelot.emea.acrobat.com/p66604305/ (1:28min)
          Friday, 8 October 2010 - 1pm GMT Panel Discussion: Blended, face-to-face or online? What works where in teacher training?
          Teresa Almeida d'Eca, Portugal
          Dafne Gonzalez, Venezuela
          Carla Arena, Brazil
          Michael Coghlan, e-Learning Consultant and Trainer, Australia
          Erika Cruvinel, Brazil
          Vance Stevens, Petroleum Institute, UAE
          Jennifer Verschoor, Argentina
          Patrick Murphy, Qatar