Re: Presentation Ruined

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 3, 2010
      .wbd won't open on your computer, Rita--
      you have to upload those files from an Elluminate Room.
      And remember that when you leave the room, all the slides will be wiped.
      --Elizabeth HS

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita" <rita@...> wrote:

      > Thanks a lot, Elizabeth, Carla, Michael, Aiden, for your help and tips. What I myself did on another occasion was splitting my long list of slides into two, and uploading them separately, but this was because my presentation was made up of 82 slides that time ...;-)
      >
      > It was not the case this time, and I did not expect such an ordeal when I tried the uploading, since the slides were going up smoothly --until they got stuck. But you know what we are like, we are "stubborn" people and keep trying... So I did try again and again, seeing more slides were getting up..., until it all froze and I had to reboot. It was then when I saw some slides were gone!!
      >
      > Everything is ok now, hopefully, with my slides re-made...:)
      > And yes, the presentation on Microblogging has been re-scheduled for next Saturday at 6 pm GMT.
      > Anyway, I wrote to Elluminate, and Mike Morneau replied immediately, very helpfully. I'm pasting what concerns us all,
      >
      > "...we noticed that the room you were using was about to expire in September so we renewed for another year. At the same time, we upgraded your session room to the latest release of Elluminate so you're now using Elluminate 10.0 as opposed to version 9.7. (This upgrade will require you to install a newer version of the Sun Microsystems Java application.) "
      >
      > As to what happened to me, he said he had never heard of anything alike :-( but sent my slides back as a .wbd file to upload them more easily --what you advised, Michael :-).
      > But now my pc cannot find the associated programme to open it!!!
      > I've done a search and can see a free scan is offered to solve the problem at http://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/filext/rb/, but I fear the exe might not be safe to open..., any experience on this?
      >
      > More than thanks for all your support, dear guys!!
      >
      > Rita

    • Buthaina Al-Othman
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 14, 2010
        Oops!! Vance, please ignore my last message regrading the wiki page..Actually, the first time I got to it via Twitter when it worked, and the second time was through the link posted in your last message below..Just noticed the comma at the end :) Excuse my cross-eyed as I was fasting at that point then :)

        Cheers!

        Buth
        ---------