Great quotes from the 2010 Reform Symposium

  • Jennifer Verschoor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
      Dear All,

      Yesterday after I gave a presentation on Wikis in the classroom I devoted
      some time to follow the 2010 Reform Symposium a free virtual conference for
      educators, administrators, parents and students.

      The conference is focused on innovative practices in education and what role
      these practices can play in educational reform.
      For more information please check the following link
      http://reformsymposium.com/ I wanted to share with you a blog post on Great
      quotes from the 2010 Reform Symposium
      <http://jenverschoor.wordpress.com/>which I found really interesting.

      I hope you enjoy the quotes.

      Warm regards
      Jennifer

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
        Thanks Jenn !!!I like this one: "Nick Provenzano: Everything I learned about tech integration I learned from the movies ", but there are tons to explore, so...let´s go.
        A hug, thanks again.Susana

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
          This may or may not be directly relevant to this thread, but today I heard someone say that the most profound question he was asked, about age ten, when he came home from school. The conversation went like this:

          Dad: How was school today?
          Boy: Fine
          Dad: Did you learn what your teacher believed? Or did you learn about how to think?

          Hibbs Thought: Hopefully, the answer was "both". But the latter question is, for me, much, much more important. How are all these new tools helping kids to THINK?
          mmmmmm.....

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
            Completely agree with your thought, John.

            Dear Jen, thanks a lot for sharing wonderful and absolutely cute quotes.
            Your wiki is great! I am learning from you a lot.
            Hugs,
            Nina

            --
            Nina Lyulkun (Ukraine)