Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Posterous switch from Ning

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      At the Webheads gathering today saving Ning was a major topic of discussion.
      I'm working on an article characterizing the state of play with Ning and
      education right now, and you are welcome to read it at
      http://tinyurl.com/ningthing, and if you wish to contribute, you can also
      let me know and I can share the document with you so so you can add to it,
      if you wish.

      The Posterous switch tool works well. We've found that Grouply might be
      able to haul down discussions and photos of your Ning, but it won't get
      blogs. The Posterous tool gets them well; for example:
      http://webheadsinaction.posterous.com/

      Eventually I'd like to use one of these sites for WiAOC 2011. I think for
      that we'll start a wiki or social network site and run it unconference style
      (or would someone like to coordinate ;-)

      We were discussing running WiAOC on the Ning, but it would cost us $200 for
      the coming year, plus an additional $200 per year for any year we'd like to
      have our content remain online. So we might as well port it over to a more
      sustainable solution now, I guess :-))

      Thanks Elizabeth for the tip,