Personas for Firefox

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2010
      Just had some fun creating my own "persona" (theme) for my Firefox browser.

      https://www.getpersonas.com/

      This might be a good activity for your students. They need to create a long, narrow photo for the top and the bottom of the browser, and then upload it to the site. All the step-by-step directions and specifications are at the site (a good reading activity), and they can try it out before uploading. After the photo is accepted, they can share their personal favorites and/or make their theme public for others to use.

      You will need to be able to download an add-on to Firefox before starting the process, so this may require the OK from your school administration or tech support. However, the download itself takes only a few seconds.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth HS
      http://ehansonsmith.blogspot.com
      http://webpages.csus.edu/~hansonsm/