RE: [evonline2002_webheads] An e.book for teenage EFL students

  • Chris Fry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2010
      Hi Dennis,

      Thanks for sharing this.

      I have read the whole book and thought it was well worth recommending to my
      students although I couldn't decide exactly what level to assign to it. I
      have emailed the author to ask for guidance on the level.

      I enjoyed the story and felt it was very well-written. However, his other
      books are all for sale: this is the only free one! I couldn't find any other
      EFL author on the site, either.

      The software used to produce it is not cheap although I think there is a
      free trial-version.

      However, the biggest drawback to the software is that it doesn't generate
      eBooks that can be read on mobile devices, so for once in my life I read an
      eBook on a PC! I avidly read eBooks on my PDA, normally.

      Regards,

      Chris

      Chris Fry
      Barcelona

      _____

      From: Jeremy Taylor <jeremytaylorwriter@...
      <mailto:jeremytaylorwriter%40gmail.com> >
      Date: Jun 18, 2010 7:19 PM
      Subject: [younglearners] An e.book for teenage EFL students
      To: younglearners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:younglearners%40yahoogroups.com>

      For those of you that have not yet tried an e.book, I have written one
      which I am offering for free. It is suitable for teenagers between the
      ages of about 12 and 17. The e.book can be read on a PC (there is a
      mac version of the reader (like acrobat reader) but, apparently, it is
      not very good. The book can be downloaded from:
      http://www.sharewareebooks.com/eBooks/Adventure_Fiction/Black_Gold The
      stand alone version is better than the in browser version.

      Any feedback gratefully received.

      Jeremy

      Jeremy Taylor
      Freelance Writer, Teacher Trainer