Stupid iPod question

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2010
      I am probably the last webhead to buy an iPod. Actually, I still don't have one of my own, but I just got a Nano for my daughter. We've put a couple of her CDs on it, and it's currently charging, but what seems strange is that when we play a song, you can hear it through the air, sounding all tinny. Plugging in the earphones doesn't seem to do anything. You still hear it through the air, not the earphones! Are we doing something wrong? Is this Nano defective? Any suggestions? My daughter is about to freak out.
    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2010
        Problem solved. The earphone wasn't pushed in completely.

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Nina Liakos" <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > I am probably the last webhead to buy an iPod. Actually, I still don't have one of my own, but I just got a Nano for my daughter. We've put a couple of her CDs on it, and it's currently charging, but what seems strange is that when we play a song, you can hear it through the air, sounding all tinny. Plugging in the earphones doesn't seem to do anything. You still hear it through the air, not the earphones! Are we doing something wrong? Is this Nano defective? Any suggestions? My daughter is about to freak out.

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2010
          Hi Nina--
          There are teeny tiny controls on the edge of the Nano, so maybe you have the sound turned off? Or the phones turned off but the volume on high?
          I have misplaced mine, or I'd experiment further.
          My question about the Nano is "how do you load more/different music in?" Maybe a special cable is needed and the earplug port doubles as in input port?
          --Elizabeth HS