Re: website joomla and hot potatoes exercises

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
      I don't know if this will be useful, but you can also embed your flash video right into a HP exercise (almost anywhere, such as in the Instructions box), using either a freeware player & code or the YouTube type of embed code.
      Mike M.
      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Betts <sharonbetts@...> wrote:

      > It will accept video, but does best with embedding from another site.
      (snip)
      > Sharon
      (snip)
    • helen m davies
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
        Hi Mike
        thanks for this info - this is the learning curve year bigtime !
        I've managed to embed video ok int HP exercises using flash player and felt
        very proud of myself !!

        I found that the nanogong tool (allows pupils to record and listen via HP
        is great) . I've even seem some great examples of HP exercises - there were
        exercises where you highlighted the parts of the word you thought would be
        accentuated ( is that English or Franglais ?!) very interesting stuff.

        http://eolf.univ-fcomte.fr/index.php?page=technically-interesting-hot-potatoes-pages

        thanks again - I will get back when I've made some more progress !

        cheers
        Helen
        France

        On 5 June 2010 12:55, Mike <marzio-school@...> wrote:

        > I don't know if this will be useful, but you can also embed your flash
        > video right into a HP exercise (almost anywhere, such as in the Instructions
        > box), using either a freeware player & code or the YouTube type of embed
        > code.
        > Mike M.
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Sharon Betts <sharonbetts@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > It will accept video, but does best with embedding from another site.
        > (snip)
        > > Sharon
        > (snip)

      • helen m davies
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
          Thanks so much Ibrahim for this clear tutorial - I imagine it's useful too
          for pointing students quickly to a webpage without leaving your site.
          cheers
          Helen

          On 4 June 2010 18:40, Ibrahim Rustamov <ibrahimjon@...> wrote:

          > Hello Helen,
          >
          > Joomla is good and it is easy to use once you get familiar with its
          > features. You may want to use Wrapper and link your HotPot files folder
          > to your joomla site's main menu. Your hotpot folder main index.html page
          > can be linked using Joomla wrapper and show the main page as like in
          > frames. All of this may sound technically difficult but very easy to learn.
          >
          > I hope this tutorial may help you
          >
          > http://slickwebdevelopment.com/articles/2-joomla-15/2-adding-external-content-using-the-wrapper-in-joomla.html
          > (connect the link removing spaces if there will be any)
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Ibrahim
          >

          > On 6/2/2010 2:50 PM, helen m davies wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Webheads
          > > after many hours of head scratching and speaking angrily to my computer
          > > screen - maybe somebody out there has the answer ?
          > >
          > > I've been trying out my first website (joomla on ovh ) and I'm trying
          > > to get
          > > some hot potatoes exercises onto the site for my pupils.
          > > I know they work ok on my firefox page (audio functions fine) - but I
          > cant
          > > get them onto the site ( just a white page with some of the text visible
          > > ....very frustrating)
          > > I've seen it done before on a joomla site - but is there some major
          > > problem
          > > that I've overlooked ??
          > > After throwing this bottle into the ocean - I wish all webheads a
          > peaceful
          > > night (or day wherever you are )
          > >
          > > Helen
          > > Grenoble France

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 9, 2010
            Hi Helen, Teresa and all
            I'm afraid I can't help you. I have no practice with joomla.
            Perhaps you have to upload the files to a server and then link to them.

            Fernanda

            --
            Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>