Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Ning Official Announcement

  • Ibrahim Rustamov
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2010
      Yes, the announcement is a bit confusing for me too. I think it is good
      to contact if teachers contact Ning and explain about their networks. I
      think If there will be no responses from network creators to the
      announcement, Ning may shut down all of them in July.

      When comparing their plans I see that the cheapest plan "Ning Mini"
      lacks some great features like "Invite friends" which may not be good
      for non-profit organizations to allow their members to invite friends
      and colleagues to join their mission. Only network creators can invite
      members and their number may not exceed 150 which means this plan may
      not work VenTESOL with 525 members. It is better to communicate with
      Ning or better migrate to another alternative platform.

      I administer one educational network (657 members) and one community
      network (452 members). I have contacted Ning to keep my educational
      network open. My community network will migrate to another place or we
      will just limit using existing Joomla Content Management System with
      possible free Community extension and Simple Machine Forum with its
      Simple Portal mod.

      Hugs,

      Ibrahim