Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Dennis aka Osna Correcting Essays per email attachment

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 41 , May 4, 2010
      Carla,

      Thanks so much for that. It is so helpful learning about friends' and
      colleagues' solutions to problems, tasks one faces oneself.

      Dennis

      On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

      > Dear Dennis,
      >
      > I've used Google docs and audio comments for that purpose and it is a great
      > combination. In the google docs, I used color codes to highlight the main
      > editing points, and the audio message was to give the student more detailed
      > feedback on content and structure. Everything I'd write down, I'd just have
      > the audio file and share it with the student, which is Vance's idea with
      > Camtasia.
      >
      > Carla
      > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      >

      > On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Greetings friends and colleagues on the Webheads, Learningwithcomputers
      > and
      > > BESIG lists.
      > >
      > > I am involved again in a bad habit I thought I had given up for life -
      > > correcting student essays.
      > >
      > > Currently I am helping just one student write 20 pages on Dracula and
      > > Ireland. (!).
      > >
      > > My question: What is the most efficient way of making corrections? The
      > > student is using Open Office, and I underline, mark etc, make comments,
      > > deletions, additions - but that requires a lot of mousework, the
      > > highlighting goes too far etc. There must be a better way.
      > >
      > > Is there a tracking option in Open Office as in WORD?
      > > Would Google docs be a better bet?
      > >
      > > All suggestions gratefully received, and thanks for being there.
      > >
      > > Dennis aka Osna in SL

    • Maria D
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 8, 2010
        I can't believe I'll have to miss this memorable event! I'm green with envy :-) The thing is I'm travelling to Salta for the second (and last) week of the winter holidays.

        By the way, if Michael and Vance have some days to spare, they might want to take a look at this site: http://www.allaboutar.com/ard_salta.htm
        Both the north and the south of Argentina are worth a visit.

        Have a great time in Buenos Aires and share lots of photos!

        Mary