Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Dennis aka Osna Correcting Essays per email attachment

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 41 , May 4, 2010
      Hi Dennis
      There is Markin: http://www.cict.co.uk/software/markin4/index.htm

      What Is Markin For?

      Teachers working in modern, on-line learning environments need computer-based tools for marking their students' work, and Markin is the ideal solution for most electronic marking applications. If your students submit their work electronically, as documents and/or via email, you need to be able to mark and return these documents just as quickly and easily as you can mark work submitted on paper - and in some cases more quickly. This is what Markin is designed to do.

      Fernanda

      On Tue, 4 May 2010 06:35:49 +0200
      Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

      > Greetings friends and colleagues on the Webheads, Learningwithcomputers and
      > BESIG lists.
      >

      > I am involved again in a bad habit I thought I had given up for life -
      > correcting student essays.
      >
      > Currently I am helping just one student write 20 pages on Dracula and
      > Ireland. (!).
      >
      > My question: What is the most efficient way of making corrections? The
      > student is using Open Office, and I underline, mark etc, make comments,
      > deletions, additions - but that requires a lot of mousework, the
      > highlighting goes too far etc. There must be a better way.
      >
      > Is there a tracking option in Open Office as in WORD?
      > Would Google docs be a better bet?
      >
      > All suggestions gratefully received, and thanks for being there.
      >
      > Dennis aka Osna in SL

      Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
    • Maria D
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 8, 2010
        I can't believe I'll have to miss this memorable event! I'm green with envy :-) The thing is I'm travelling to Salta for the second (and last) week of the winter holidays.

        By the way, if Michael and Vance have some days to spare, they might want to take a look at this site: http://www.allaboutar.com/ard_salta.htm
        Both the north and the south of Argentina are worth a visit.

        Have a great time in Buenos Aires and share lots of photos!

        Mary