How to embed my Glog in edublogs?

  • fatemah nami
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2010
      Dear all,

      I have just started working with Glogster and find it really fruitful for educational purposes as students might find it really motivating and engaging. I created an account and started experiencing with the device myself before introducing it in my class. However, I came up with a daunting problem as I tried to embed the glog I created in my personal blog. When I pasted the HTML code, I found the whole page was disordered. This is a problem I encountered before trying to add widgets to my blog. I think it has something to do with edublogs hosting serivce, which is not very user friendly with regard to adding widgets, because I have not come up with the same problem using Blogspot for instance. Is there any solution for this, so that I can see the glog right from my blog page?

      Thnx in advance.
      Fatemeh Nami

    • helen m davies
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2010
        Hi Fatemah
        I'm no expert here but I had a wiki with glogster and managed to embed the
        students' posters ok. When you get the embed code it's a good idea to reduce
        the size of the glog ( look for the numbers in the code and scale them down)
        .
        However my pages were sooooo long to appear that I took a colleague's advice
        about taking a screenshot instead. This reduces page upload time - you could
        always put the link in too - to get the benefit of the interactive nature of
        the glogster posters.

        Hope this helps
        Helen (Davies)
        France

        On 4 May 2010 09:08, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I have just started working with Glogster and find it really fruitful for
        > educational purposes as students might find it really motivating and
        > engaging. I created an account and started experiencing with the device
        > myself before introducing it in my class. However, I came up with a daunting
        > problem as I tried to embed the glog I created in my personal blog. When
        > I pasted the HTML code, I found the whole page was disordered. This is a
        > problem I encountered before trying to add widgets to my blog. I think it
        > has something to do with edublogs hosting serivce, which is not very user
        > friendly with regard to adding widgets, because I have not come up with the
        > same problem using Blogspot for instance. Is there any solution for this, so
        > that I can see the glog right from my blog page?
        >
        > Thnx in advance.
        > Fatemeh Nami

      • Maria D
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2010
          Hi Fatemeh,

          Today I encountered a problem that reminded me of yours, so I thought of telling you how I got around it, just in case this might be of help.

          We had created a glog too, and found that when we embedded it in our Edublogs blog, we could only see half of it. I thought that the problem might be that the posting area in our blog was too narrow so I just looked for another template. I chose one whose tags include "flexible width". Now the glog can be seen even though it is wider than the column. You can see how it looks here:
          http://oxfordinstitutekidsblog.edublogs.org/

          Hope this can help you.

          Mary

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          > �
          > I have just started working with Glogster and find it really fruitful for educational purposes�as students might find it really motivating and engaging. I created an account and started experiencing with the device myself before introducing it in my class. However, I came up with a daunting problem as�I tried to embed the glog I created in my personal blog.�When I�pasted the HTML code,�I�found the whole page was disordered.�This is a problem I encountered before trying to add widgets to my blog. I think it has something to do with edublogs hosting serivce, which is not very user friendly with regard to adding widgets, because�I have not come up with the same problem using Blogspot for instance. Is there any solution for this, so that I can see the glog right from my blog page?
          > �
          > Thnx in advance.
          > Fatemeh Nami

        • Nina Liakos
          Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2010
            Mary,
            That's a great blog and a wonderful Glog!
            Nina

            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2010
              Hi, Mary!

              Great blog! I'm sure the kids are very proud of it. I just left a comment.

              Hugs, Teresa

              > http://oxfordinstitutekidsblog.edublogs.org/
              >
              > Mary
            • Maria D
              Message 6 of 6 , May 14, 2010
                Dear Nina and Teresa,

                Thanks for your warm words. They really mean a lot to me.
                @Tere: I'm sure the kids will be thrilled to read your comment. I can't wait to see their faces when we show them today :-)

                Love,
                Mary