Dennis aka Osna Correcting Essays per email attachment

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 41 , May 3, 2010
      Greetings friends and colleagues on the Webheads, Learningwithcomputers and
      BESIG lists.

      I am involved again in a bad habit I thought I had given up for life -
      correcting student essays.

      Currently I am helping just one student write 20 pages on Dracula and
      Ireland. (!).

      My question: What is the most efficient way of making corrections? The
      student is using Open Office, and I underline, mark etc, make comments,
      deletions, additions - but that requires a lot of mousework, the
      highlighting goes too far etc. There must be a better way.

      Is there a tracking option in Open Office as in WORD?
      Would Google docs be a better bet?

      All suggestions gratefully received, and thanks for being there.

      Dennis aka Osna in SL

    • Maria D
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 8, 2010
        I can't believe I'll have to miss this memorable event! I'm green with envy :-) The thing is I'm travelling to Salta for the second (and last) week of the winter holidays.

        By the way, if Michael and Vance have some days to spare, they might want to take a look at this site: http://www.allaboutar.com/ard_salta.htm
        Both the north and the south of Argentina are worth a visit.

        Have a great time in Buenos Aires and share lots of photos!

        Mary