WebQuests

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2010
      Webheads,

      Other than Zunal: http://www.zunal.com/ and WebQuestDirect Short-Cut Web
      Authoring Tool: http://www.webquestdirect.com.au/swat/, are there other
      free WebQuest development tools that you would recommend. Blogs, wikis,
      etc. are also possible WebQuest tools, of course, but are there other
      ones specifically designed with the task in mind?

      Thanks for any help you can give,

      Robert

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2010
        Have you checked Bernie Dodge's Webquest site? He's the creator of the
        concept and I believe there is the Quest Garden one can use.
        http://webquest.org/index.php
        http://webquest.org/index-create.php
        Not sure it is for free, but you have webquest templates you can download
        and use with a Google site.
        http://educationaltechnology.ca/resources/webquest/templates.php

        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://barbaradieu.com

      • Squires, Robert
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29, 2010
          It's a nice site, Bee. I believe it costs $20 to register. Thanks for
          the tip. I'll look into this some more.

          Robert

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 29, 2010
            I used the templates, Dreamweaver and html when I prepared the Copabacana
            Foodquest. Worked well
            http://beespace.net/resources/foodquest/
            There is a lot of link rot in this one, but feel free to use it with your
            students.
            Bee

            --
            Barbara Dieu
            http://barbaradieu.com

          • ibrahim_rustamov
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2010
              I am testing MediaWiki(which is used by Wikipedia and other Wikis such as Wikieducator) to create webquests. I test MediaWiki on my own server and use templates to create Webquests. Just not long ago I found out that when I create webquests in MediaWiki I can collect them as PDF handouts.

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

              > I used the templates, Dreamweaver and html when I prepared the Copabacana
              > Foodquest. Worked well
              > http://beespace.net/resources/foodquest/
              > There is a lot of link rot in this one, but feel free to use it with your
              > students.
              > Bee
              >

              > --
              > Barbara Dieu
              > http://barbaradieu.com
              > http://beespace.net

            • Fernanda Rodrigues
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2010
                Hi Robert
                There is phpwebquest, which has to be downloaded and installed at your schoolÂ’s server
                (for example).
                http://phpwebquest.org/?page_id=14

                You can see an example here in a teacher training center; I'm afraid
                it's in Portuguese, but it gives you an ideia.
                http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/index.php

                and a webquest designed with phpwebquest:
                http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/webquest/soporte_mondrian_w.php?id_actividad=739&id_pagina=1

                Fernanda

                --
                Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
              • Ibrahim Rustamov
                Message 7 of 10 , May 3, 2010
                  Hello Fernanda,

                  Thank you very much for the link. I could manage to install phpwebquest.
                  http://www.developlearning.org/webquest/
                  I will be customizing it soon. Those who wish to join the site you are
                  welcome to register and explore it.

                  Thank you

                  Ibrahim

                  On 5/1/2010 4:34 AM, Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

                  > Hi Robert
                  > There is phpwebquest, which has to be downloaded and installed at your
                  > school's server
                  > (for example).
                  > http://phpwebquest.org/?page_id=14 <http://phpwebquest.org/?page_id=14>
                  >
                  > You can see an example here in a teacher training center; I'm afraid
                  > it's in Portuguese, but it gives you an ideia.
                  > http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/index.php
                  > <http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/index.php>
                  >
                  > and a webquest designed with phpwebquest:
                  > http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/webquest/soporte_mondrian_w.php?id_actividad=739&id_pagina=1
                  > <http://www.cfpa.pt/phpwebquest/webquest/soporte_mondrian_w.php?id_actividad=739&id_pagina=1>
                  >
                  > Fernanda
                  >
                  > On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:30:19 -0600
                  > "Squires, Robert" <robert.squires@...
                  > <mailto:robert.squires%40mso.umt.edu>> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Webheads,
                  > >

                  > > Other than Zunal: http://www.zunal.com/ <http://www.zunal.com/> and
                  > WebQuestDirect Short-Cut Web
                  > > Authoring Tool: http://www.webquestdirect.com.au/swat/,
                  > <http://www.webquestdirect.com.au/swat/,> are there other
                  > > free WebQuest development tools that you would recommend. Blogs, wikis,
                  > > etc. are also possible WebQuest tools, of course, but are there other
                  > > ones specifically designed with the task in mind?
                  > >

                  > > Thanks for any help you can give,
                  > >

                  > > Robert

                • sue annan
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 3, 2010
                    Hello Ibrahim

                    I've just had a look at your super web quest.

                    I hope your students enjoy using it.

                    Best wishes

                    Sue

                  • Fernanda Rodrigues
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 3, 2010
                      Hi Ibrahim
                      That's great news!
                      and thanks for the offer!

                      Fernanda

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 3, 2010
                        Hello Sue,

                        Thank you for the checking the site. I am just testing and welcome
                        everyone to use it. I am doing my masters in educational technology at
                        the University of Hartford. I stopped teaching in March 2007 and miss my
                        students.
                        I am very much interested learning Open Source software and its use in
                        education, so I am trying to explore every available open source
                        software :)

                        Once again thank you for visiting the site.

                        Ibrahim