RE: [evonline2002_webheads] teresa's russian connection

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4 8:17 AM
      Teresa,

      Having been to - and worked in- Russia eight times in the past four years, I
      hear what you're saying. I've never been so well looked after and had such
      fun times as on my visits to the country. So glad it wasn't just me!

      Gavin

      Gavin Dudeney - Director of Technology, The Consultants-E
      c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
      Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770
      http://www.theconsultants-e.com

      Original Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT - http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7
      Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54
      Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4
      Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

      CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4 9:52 AM
        Teresa
        wonderful to hear about your trip ! Thanks for taking the time to tell us.
        Have a good rest and we'll be looking forward to hearing more !
        hugs
        Helen

        On 4 April 2010 17:17, Gavin Dudeney <gavin.dudeney@...>wrote:

        > Teresa,
        >
        > Having been to - and worked in- Russia eight times in the past four years,
        > hear what you're saying. I've never been so well looked after and had such
        > fun times as on my visits to the country. So glad it wasn't just me!
        >
        > Gavin
        >
        > Gavin Dudeney - Director of Technology, The Consultants-E
        > c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
        > Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770
        > http://www.theconsultants-e.com
        >
        > Original Online Providers: CertIBET and CertICT -
        > http://tinyurl.com/3s3mm7
        > Winners: 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54
        > Winners: 2007 Ben Warren Trust Prize - http://tinyurl.com/6yolo4
        > Owners: Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw
        >
        > CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
        > This email and any attachments are private and confidential. It is intended
        > for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
        > disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this email is
        > unauthorised.
        > You may not read, use or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
        > received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by
        > replying to this email and permanently delete the email from your computer.
        > The contents of any attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses
        > which could damage your own computer system. While we have taken every
        > reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for
        > any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should
        > carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.

      • Graham Stanley
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4 9:55 AM
          Teresa,

          thanks for sharing this with us - it sounds like it was a wonderful
          experience.

          Best,

          Graham

        • Susana Canelo
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4 10:45 AM
            Thanks for sharing !!!It's just fantastic. What an experience.!!!!
             Wow...Webheads all over the world are making it a home...
            A hugSusana

[...]

            Yahoo! Cocina

            http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

          • Hala Fawzi
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4 12:48 PM
              Dear Teresinha,

              I am glad that all went great and more than expected. Thanks for sharing.

              We'll be waiting for the dozens of pictures to be uploaded soon.

              Have a rest!

              Hala

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 4 1:28 PM
                Dear Teresa,

                Though we missed you, João, Daf, Vance and many other webheads in Boston, I
                can see you profited frome every minute you spent in Russian soil with our
                dear Webheads and friends. It is always comforting to hear such
                nice accounts that arise from our digital connections.

                beijocas,
                Carla
                http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

              • edtec2002
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5 10:11 AM
                  Wow, Teresa,

                  What a wonderful experience! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Your wiki would be helpful to anyone else planning to teach about Web. 2.0. So well organized!

                  Chris Jones

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, tmvaz@... wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > I got back home safe and and sound about 18 hours ago after an
                  > unforgettable 16 days in Russia that took me to remote Yakutsk, in
                  > Siberia, the first week to give a 5-day workshop on Web 2.0 tools for
                  > EFL teachers from all over the Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, at the
                  > Yakutsk State University. You can see two photos and a text (in
                  > Russian) about the workshop in the university website. (I translated
                  > it online.)
                  > http://www.ysu.ru/content/news/news_detail.php?ID=6154
                  >

                  > http://yakutskmar10.pbworks.com/ (this wiki is a work in progress)
                • Fernanda Rodrigues
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5 1:43 PM
                    Hi Teresinha!
                    What an adventure!

                    Beijinhos

                    Fernanda

                    --
                    Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>
                  • Stella Saubidet
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 5 2:06 PM
                      Congrats, TereÇa!!

                      these Russia teachers could not have chosen a better teacher!!! You are a specilaist and very good professonal. And it shows inthe wiki!!

                      hugs from Argentina (MANY klometres away, too, HA, HA)

                      stella :-)
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 5 7:12 PM
                        What a fabulous post, Tere, thanks for the links to the wiki (duly bookmarked and tagged) and the Russian site as well, where I deciphered your name and provenance! It sounds like you had a marvelous time and from the looks of that wiki you shared your expertise in a wonderfully clear and organized way.

                        I am happy that you arrived home safe and sound! I missed seeing you at TESOL. Although it was great to see old friends and meet new ones, TESOL seemed strange without you, Daf, and Vance.

                        Hugs,
                        Nina

                      • Beatriz Lupiano
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6 2:22 PM
                          Dear Teresa,

                          Thanks so much for sharing your brilliant experience in Russia!! And
                          to everyone that contributed to the blog from Boston!!

                          I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and enthusiasm.

                          Beatriz
                        • Maria D
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6 8:23 PM
                            Dear Teresa,

                            I was deeply moved when I read the account of your experiences in Russia. Your words talk about the warmth of the Russian people, but also about your capacity to inspire and appreciate that hospitality. They must have been delighted to have you there. BTW, the wiki is simply fantastic, so well organized and easy to follow.

                            Mary