Harrogate walking tour - getting together ?

  • Natasha Jovanovich
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
      Dear Webheads

      if anybody fancies meeting up at Harrogate, maybe it would be a good idea to
      join the Harrogate walking tour?
      I am assuming I could do with the walk with all this sedentary googling and
      writing :).

      We couild print a badge WEBHEADS :) and stick it on our 'lapels' or
      'bonnets/hats' :) for easier recognition.

      Jokes aside, I really mean this could be a good starting point since the
      conferences tend to be a bit helter -skelter for the participants
      going here and there , 'flying in all directions' , 'losing' friends along
      the way....etc you know how it 's like

      Natasha
      Belgrade, Serbia

    • Graham Stanley
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
        Natasha,

        this sounds like a great idea - when is the tour?

        Best,

        Graham

        On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Natasha Jovanovich
        <natasa-jovanovic@...>wrote:

        > Dear Webheads
        >
        > if anybody fancies meeting up at Harrogate, maybe it would be a good idea
        > join the Harrogate walking tour?
        > I am assuming I could do with the walk with all this sedentary googling and
        > writing :).
        >
        > We couild print a badge WEBHEADS :) and stick it on our 'lapels' or
        > 'bonnets/hats' :) for easier recognition.
        >
        > Jokes aside, I really mean this could be a good starting point since the
        > conferences tend to be a bit helter -skelter for the participants
        > going here and there , 'flying in all directions' , 'losing' friends along
        > the way....etc you know how it 's like
        >
        > Natasha
        > Belgrade, Serbia

        > Reply to sender<natasa-jovanovic@...?subject=Harrogate+walking+tour+-+getting+together+?>| Reply
        > to group<evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com?subject=Harrogate+walking+tour+-+getting+together+?>| Reply
        > 1)
        > Recent Activity:

        > 1

        > Graham Stanley
        blogefl@...
        http://blog-efl.blogspot.com

      • Teadira Perez
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
          Dear all:

          Elvina and I are going to be there. We would love to meet some Webheads f2f.

          Keep us post it.

          Teadira

          On 4 April 2010 08:37, Natasha Jovanovich <natasa-jovanovic@...> wrote:

          > Dear Webheads
          >
          > if anybody fancies meeting up at Harrogate, maybe it would be a good idea
          > join the Harrogate walking tour?
          > I am assuming I could do with the walk with all this sedentary googling and
          > writing :).
          >
          > We couild print a badge WEBHEADS :) and stick it on our 'lapels' or
          > 'bonnets/hats' :) for easier recognition.
          >
          > Jokes aside, I really mean this could be a good starting point since the
          > conferences tend to be a bit helter -skelter for the participants
          > going here and there , 'flying in all directions' , 'losing' friends along
          > the way....etc you know how it 's like
          >
          > Natasha
          > Belgrade, Serbia

          Teadira P�rez
          Centro de Investigaciones en Lenguas Extranjeras - CILE
          Facultad de Humanidades y Educaci�n
          Escuela de Idiomas Modernos
          Universidad de Los Andes
          Presidenta de AVEALMEC
          http://avealmec.org.ve/
          http://cled.org.ve/teadira/

        • Natasha Jovanovich
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
            Dear Graham , Teadira, Elvina and all

            here is the info . I ve noticed it in the conf. programme

            Walking Tour of Harrogate

            Cost: Free

            Number of people: 35 per tour

            Places can be booked at the IATEFL Information Desk.

            Join Claire Bostel on her orientation tour, introducing you to the
            highlights of the elegant spa town of

            Harrogate. As a frequent winner of Britain in Bloom the tour begins with a
            visit to Crescent and Valley

            Gardens, and the Montpellier Quarter up to the edge of The Stray, an apron
            of parkland fringing High

            and Low Harrogate, finishing at the top of the town outside the famous
            Betty’s Café and Tea Rooms.

            You will learn about the culture and etiquette of Harrogate in its heyday
            when visitors came to take

            ‘the cure’ and will be excited by the colour and range of the exclusive
            shops, pavement cafés, bars

            and award-winning restaurants that we pass en route. You will also be
            introduced to the Mercer Art

            Gallery and Royal Pump Room on the tour and can choose to visit them later
            at leisure.

            Friday 9th April 1400-1530

            Friday 9th April 1600-1730

            Saturday 10th April 0930-1100

            Saturday 10th April 1130-1300

            MEET AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE. TOUR LEAVES PROMPTLY AT THE START TIME SHOWN.

            Natasha
            Belgrade, Serbia

            _____

            <natasa-jovanovic@ <mailto:natasa-jovanovic%40sbb.rs> sbb.rs>wrote:

            > Dear Webheads
            >
            > if anybody fancies meeting up at Harrogate, maybe it would be a good idea
            > join the Harrogate walking tour?
            > I am assuming I could do with the walk with all this sedentary googling
            and
            > writing :).
            >
            > We couild print a badge WEBHEADS :) and stick it on our 'lapels' or
            > 'bonnets/hats' :) for easier recognition.
            >
            > Jokes aside, I really mean this could be a good starting point since the
            > conferences tend to be a bit helter -skelter for the participants
            > going here and there , 'flying in all directions' , 'losing' friends along
            > the way....etc you know how it 's like
            >
            > Natasha
            > Belgrade, Serbia

            > Reply to sender<natasa-jovanovic@ <mailto:natasa-jovanovic%40sbb.rs>
            sbb.rs?subject=Harrogate+walking+tour+-+getting+together+?>| Reply
            > to group<evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
            webheads@yahoogroups.com?subject=Harrogate+walking+tour+-+getting+together+?
            > via web post<http://groups.
            DFwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BG1zZ0lkAzI1M
            jg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0Ng--?act=reply&messageNum=252
            86>
            yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxNnZlMDFwBF9TAzk3MzU5
            NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BG1zZ0lkAzI1Mjg2BHNlYwNmdHIE
            c2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0Ng--?act=reply&messageNum=25286>| Start
            > a New Topic<http://groups.
            zA3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc
            2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0Ng-->
            yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlN29vczA3BF9TAzk3MzU5
            NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3Rp
            bWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0Ng-->
            > Messages in this topic<http://groups.
            MTM2bGJrYzhxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BG1z
            Z0lkAzI1Mjg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0NgR0cGNJZAMyNTI4Ng--

            yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/message/25286;_ylc=X3oDMTM2bGJrYzhxBF9
            TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BG1zZ0lkAzI1Mjg2BHN
            lYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0NgR0cGNJZAMyNTI4Ng-->(
            > 1)
            > Recent Activity:
            >
            > - New Members<http://groups.
            EwbGs1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwN2dG
            wEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyNzAzODY0NDY-?o=6>
            yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmajEwbGs1BF9TAzk3M
            zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzB
            HN0aW1lAzEyNzAzODY0NDY-?o=6>
            > 1
            >
            > Visit Your Group<http://groups.
            9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3
            ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTI3MDM4NjQ0Ng-->
            yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads;_ylc=X3oDMTJlNmtkZmR0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0B
            GdycElkAzQ0MTI1OTkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgwNzA5BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDM
            TI3MDM4NjQ0Ng-->

            > Graham Stanley
            blogefl@gmail. <mailto:blogefl%40gmail.com> com
            http://blog- <http://blog-efl.blogspot.com> efl.blogspot.com

            20:32:00

          • sue annan
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
              Do you have the tour details?

              It sounds like a good way of catching up

              Thanks

              Sue

            • sue annan
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
                Thanks for the info.

                Could we do one of the Friday tours?

                Sue

              • Natasha Jovanovich
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
                  Sue
                  Yes, it 's fine with me . The one during the lunch break preferably and grab
                  a sandwich en route ?

                  Natasha
                  Belgrade, Serbia

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 5, 2010
                    That sounds great. See you there if not before J

                  • Jennifer Verschoor
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 5, 2010
                      Dear Webheads,

                      Enjoy your f2f gathering and please take a lot of pictures!!!

                      I remember the wonderful time we spent together 2 years ago in WorldCall
                      when I met so many webheads :-)

                      It is an unforgettable experience.
                      Warm regards from Buenos Aires
                      Jennifer

                      2010/4/4 Natasha Jovanovich <natasa-jovanovic@...>

                      > Dear Webheads
                      >
                      > if anybody fancies meeting up at Harrogate, maybe it would be a good idea
                      > join the Harrogate walking tour?
                      > I am assuming I could do with the walk with all this sedentary googling and
                      > writing :).
                      >
                      > We couild print a badge WEBHEADS :) and stick it on our 'lapels' or
                      > 'bonnets/hats' :) for easier recognition.
                      >
                      > Jokes aside, I really mean this could be a good starting point since the
                      > conferences tend to be a bit helter -skelter for the participants
                      > going here and there , 'flying in all directions' , 'losing' friends along
                      > the way....etc you know how it 's like
                      >
                      > Natasha
                      > Belgrade, Serbia

                      Jennifer Verschoor
                      www.jenverschoor.wordpress.com

                    • Teadira Perez
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 5, 2010
                        Well, Friday at lunch time sounds great! Tea

                        On 04/04/2010, Natasha Jovanovich <natasa-jovanovic@...> wrote:
                        > Sue
                        > Yes, it 's fine with me . The one during the lunch break preferably and grab
                        > a sandwich en route ?
                        >
                        > Natasha
                        > Belgrade, Serbia
                        >
                        > _____

                        Teadira Pérez
                        Centro de Investigaciones en Lenguas Extranjeras - CILE
                        Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 5, 2010
                          Great Tea, look forward to meeting you

                          Sue

                        • beyzaylmaz
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 5, 2010
                            Hi all,

                            I will also be in Harrogate and I would like to join the tour and meet webheads:)

                            Best,
                            Beyza