Re: TESOL Convention blog

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
      Hi Holly--
      Thanks for sharing--and good seeing you in Boston. It was a nice way to spend the day--inside and not driving.

      I went back to Calif driving up I-91 in CT, and thought it would be the end--trucks throwing huge waves, everyone going too fast, and a car ahead of me spun out and under an overpass (just missing the concrete) and landed backwards in a ditch filled with water. The police and bystanders were parked and racing down to get out any passengers. Most rivers had overflowed their banks and the trees were under a foot of water--sometimes almost up onto the highway. The waterfalls were beautiful. Glad I made it to the airport, white-knuckled all the way.

      Let's hope New Orleans is quieter and sunnier.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth (glad to be home!)

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone!
      >
      > I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?
      >
      > But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):
      >
      > << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>
      >
      > and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
      > http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
      > with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.
      [snip]
    • Maria Irene Albers
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
        Great pictures Holly!! It is a shame we didn't meet. Probably in New Orleans.

        Greetings,

        María Irene Albers de Urriola
        Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
        Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
        Universidad de Carabobo

        ________________________________
        I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?

        But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):

        << http://www.flickr. com/photos/ blogblossoms/ sets/72157623633 953623/ >>

        and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
        http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
        with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.

        I hope to be adding to my blog soon, too -- with professional- development
        oriented posts -- as I go through my conference notes.
        [<< http://blogblossoms .edublogs. org/ >> -- note! There's nothing there
        yet!]

        Enjoy!
        It was a fabulous week, and *so wonderful *to finally meet more webheads
        (and reunite with others).

        Hope to add to the parade next year!
        With cyber smiles and well-wishes
        Holly (Dilatush), Charlottesville, VA, USA

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@ gmail.com> wrote:

        > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
        > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
        > http://wia-in- boston.blogspot. com
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Nina

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
          Thanks, Carla, and all those who posted. If you want to post and are not a blog member, just email me and I will add you as a writer. nina dot liakos at gmail.com

          I tried to post more content (what I saw) in addition to just photos and social stuff this year--it's hard when you get home so late and are so tired and everything seems to run together in your mind! Having my laptop made it easier (but it was HEAVY).

          I have enjoyed blogging with all who joined the blog and hope those who were unable to travel to Boston enjoyed it as well.

          The blog address is http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com

          Nina

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
          > some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
          > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html
          >
          > Beijos and miss you all!
          > Carla
          > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          >

          > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
          > > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
          > > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Nina

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2010
            Thanks so much for putting up the blog, Nina--
            I hope others will link through their comments so that we can see all the pix and comments in one place.

            Let's make this a Webheads' tradition!

            I'll try to add some more pix as soon as I get over the dreadful cold I seem to have gotten on the plane home--the climate wasn't real great. Hope New Orleans is better!

            --Elizabeth