Uploading Jing videos to Youtobe

  • Nelba
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
      Dear Webheads:

      Once more I need your help.

      I am trying to upload a video recorded with JING to Youtube. Although
      Youtube uploads it, there is an error and I cannot watch the video.

      Is it because JING saves videos in swf format? (It does not in any other
      [:(] in my free Jing version )

      I tried to change the format via Zamzar but could not. (Not my lucky day
      [:((] )

      Any suggestion to solve the problem? Is there any other free tool to
      record tutorials and upload them in Youtube?

      I will be looking forward your suggestions.

      Cheers,

      Nelba from Argentina

    • Omar Champ
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
        Hi Nelba!
        I remember once having the same problem loading a video to my Ning network. I tried several times but the video didn't work as expected. The sound was working but not pictures displayed. I tried a software (converter) and it worked for me. You may free download it here & I hope it'll work for you too: Total Video Converter
        Best regards,
        Omar

      • Peggy George
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
          Hi Nelba,

          This is the information on the YouTube site about video file formats.

          YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats.The video files
          below are all accepted by YouTube. Some video formats work best and
          are most compatible with certain computers, software or devices.

          • Windows Media Video (.WMV)
          • .3GP (cell phones)
          • .AVI (windows)
          • .MOV (mac)
          • .MP4 (ipod/psp)
          • .MPEG
          • .FLV (adobe flash)
          • .MKV (h.264)

          If you need to convert it to get it successfully uploaded, you might
          try this free site: http://media-convert.com/
          It will convert from .swf to all of the above formats.

          This is information from the JingProject website and it looks like you
          need JingPro to upload directly to YouTube:
          Jing Pro can send videos directly to YouTube. Be sure that you record
          videos in MPEG4-AVC format. YouTube does not support SWF video format.
          /help.jingproject.com/share/the-youtube-button-jing-pro-on/

          Good luck!
          Peggy George