Re: [evonline2002_webheads] TESOL Convention blog

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
      Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
      some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
      http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html

      Beijos and miss you all!
      Carla
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

      > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
      > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
      > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Nina

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
        Hi Holly--
        Thanks for sharing--and good seeing you in Boston. It was a nice way to spend the day--inside and not driving.

        I went back to Calif driving up I-91 in CT, and thought it would be the end--trucks throwing huge waves, everyone going too fast, and a car ahead of me spun out and under an overpass (just missing the concrete) and landed backwards in a ditch filled with water. The police and bystanders were parked and racing down to get out any passengers. Most rivers had overflowed their banks and the trees were under a foot of water--sometimes almost up onto the highway. The waterfalls were beautiful. Glad I made it to the airport, white-knuckled all the way.

        Let's hope New Orleans is quieter and sunnier.

        Cheers--
        --Elizabeth (glad to be home!)

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone!
        >
        > I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?
        >
        > But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):
        >
        > << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>
        >
        > and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
        > http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
        > with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.
        [snip]
      • Maria Irene Albers
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
          Great pictures Holly!! It is a shame we didn't meet. Probably in New Orleans.

          Greetings,

          María Irene Albers de Urriola
          Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
          Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
          Universidad de Carabobo

          ________________________________
          I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?

          But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):

          << http://www.flickr. com/photos/ blogblossoms/ sets/72157623633 953623/ >>

          and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
          http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
          with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.

          I hope to be adding to my blog soon, too -- with professional- development
          oriented posts -- as I go through my conference notes.
          [<< http://blogblossoms .edublogs. org/ >> -- note! There's nothing there
          yet!]

          Enjoy!
          It was a fabulous week, and *so wonderful *to finally meet more webheads
          (and reunite with others).

          Hope to add to the parade next year!
          With cyber smiles and well-wishes
          Holly (Dilatush), Charlottesville, VA, USA

          On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@ gmail.com> wrote:

          > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
          > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
          > http://wia-in- boston.blogspot. com
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Nina

        • Nina Liakos
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
            Thanks, Carla, and all those who posted. If you want to post and are not a blog member, just email me and I will add you as a writer. nina dot liakos at gmail.com

            I tried to post more content (what I saw) in addition to just photos and social stuff this year--it's hard when you get home so late and are so tired and everything seems to run together in your mind! Having my laptop made it easier (but it was HEAVY).

            I have enjoyed blogging with all who joined the blog and hope those who were unable to travel to Boston enjoyed it as well.

            The blog address is http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com

            Nina

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
            > some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
            > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html
            >
            > Beijos and miss you all!
            > Carla
            > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
            >

            > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
            > > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
            > > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Nina

          • Elizabeth
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2010
              Thanks so much for putting up the blog, Nina--
              I hope others will link through their comments so that we can see all the pix and comments in one place.

              Let's make this a Webheads' tradition!

              I'll try to add some more pix as soon as I get over the dreadful cold I seem to have gotten on the plane home--the climate wasn't real great. Hope New Orleans is better!

              --Elizabeth