Happy Easter & Thank you

  • hanaakhamis
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
      Dear Webheads in Action all over the world ...

      I wanted to share with you my feelings of gratitude. I won the Roving Reporters' Writing Competition for IATEFL Harrogate 2010, thanks to the organizational efforts of the WiA09 team. They were such an inspiration to me and surely to many other practitioners.

      For details, go to <http://rovingharrogate2010.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html>

      I wasn't sure I could make it to the conference this year due to visa issues. However, beginner's luck was on my side. Here's my story:

      I applied for a visa to the UK on March 30 & got it on March 31. That's unprecedented. I raise my hat to all who made this possible. Admirable coordination job went on. All that remains is for me to pack. The right way: identify what's essential and what's not. No need for extra luggage on a business trip. Or is it a convalescence trip after 6 weeks of feeling under the weather? I've made it just in time for Harrogate. Yuppi!

      Re-posted from <http://rovingharrogate2010.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html>

      Thanks to all and Happy Easter!

      Gratefully,

      Hanaa
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
        Congratulations, Hana! Enjoy the conference :-)

        Aiden

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
          Dear Hanna,

          Congratulations! This is very exciting news! I especially liked what you
          said, "I entered a virtual beehive of active members willing to dedicate
          their time and effort nonstop over three days, not to mention time spent
          before and after the event."

          That's exactly the Webhead spririt! Thanks for taking your time to write
          such a passionate account of getting into the state of
          unconferences/convergences like WIAOC.

          Beijos,
          Carla
          http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

          On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM, hanaakhamis <hanaakhs@...> wrote:

          > Dear Webheads in Action all over the world ...
          >
          > I wanted to share with you my feelings of gratitude. I won the Roving
          > Reporters' Writing Competition for IATEFL Harrogate 2010, thanks to the
          > organizational efforts of the WiA09 team. They were such an inspiration to
          > me and surely to many other practitioners.
          >
          > For details, go to <
          > http://rovingharrogate2010.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html>
          >
          > I wasn't sure I could make it to the conference this year due to visa
          > issues. However, beginner's luck was on my side. Here's my story:
          >
          > I applied for a visa to the UK on March 30 & got it on March 31. That's
          > unprecedented. I raise my hat to all who made this possible. Admirable
          > coordination job went on. All that remains is for me to pack. The right way:
          > identify what's essential and what's not. No need for extra luggage on a
          > business trip. Or is it a convalescence trip after 6 weeks of feeling under
          > the weather? I've made it just in time for Harrogate. Yuppi!
          >
          > Re-posted from <
          > http://rovingharrogate2010.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html>
          >
          > Thanks to all and Happy Easter!
          >
          > Gratefully,
          >
          > Hanaa

        • Susana Canelo
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
            Dear Hanaa:
            Congratulations for your price !!! Claps for you and thanks for sharing with us.A huge Eastern Hug from Del Valle in Argentina
            Susana

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
              Thanks for the link to the blog and other info--found it most useful, and reminded me to use Jing and SimplyBox again!
              --Elizabeth