Re: [evonline2002_webheads] TESOL Convention blog

  • Holly Dilatush
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
      Hello everyone!

      I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?

      But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):

      << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>

      and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
      http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
      with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.

      I hope to be adding to my blog soon, too -- with professional-development
      oriented posts -- as I go through my conference notes.
      [<< http://blogblossoms.edublogs.org/ >> -- note! There's nothing there
      yet!]

      Enjoy!
      It was a fabulous week, and *so wonderful *to finally meet more webheads
      (and reunite with others).

      Hope to add to the parade next year!
      With cyber smiles and well-wishes
      Holly (Dilatush), Charlottesville, VA, USA

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

      > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
      > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
      > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Nina

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
        Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
        some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
        http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html

        Beijos and miss you all!
        Carla
        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
        > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
        > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Nina

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
          Hi Holly--
          Thanks for sharing--and good seeing you in Boston. It was a nice way to spend the day--inside and not driving.

          I went back to Calif driving up I-91 in CT, and thought it would be the end--trucks throwing huge waves, everyone going too fast, and a car ahead of me spun out and under an overpass (just missing the concrete) and landed backwards in a ditch filled with water. The police and bystanders were parked and racing down to get out any passengers. Most rivers had overflowed their banks and the trees were under a foot of water--sometimes almost up onto the highway. The waterfalls were beautiful. Glad I made it to the airport, white-knuckled all the way.

          Let's hope New Orleans is quieter and sunnier.

          Cheers--
          --Elizabeth (glad to be home!)

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone!
          >
          > I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?
          >
          > But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):
          >
          > << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>
          >
          > and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
          > http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
          > with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.
          [snip]
        • Maria Irene Albers
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
            Great pictures Holly!! It is a shame we didn't meet. Probably in New Orleans.

            Greetings,

            María Irene Albers de Urriola
            Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
            Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
            Universidad de Carabobo

            ________________________________

            On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@ gmail.com> wrote:

            > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
            > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
            > http://wia-in- boston.blogspot. com
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Nina

          • Nina Liakos
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
              Thanks, Carla, and all those who posted. If you want to post and are not a blog member, just email me and I will add you as a writer. nina dot liakos at gmail.com

              I tried to post more content (what I saw) in addition to just photos and social stuff this year--it's hard when you get home so late and are so tired and everything seems to run together in your mind! Having my laptop made it easier (but it was HEAVY).

              I have enjoyed blogging with all who joined the blog and hope those who were unable to travel to Boston enjoyed it as well.

              The blog address is http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com

              Nina

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
              > some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
              > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html
              >
              > Beijos and miss you all!
              > Carla
              > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
              >

              > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
              > > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
              > > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > Nina

            • Elizabeth
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2010
                Thanks so much for putting up the blog, Nina--
                I hope others will link through their comments so that we can see all the pix and comments in one place.

                Let's make this a Webheads' tradition!

                I'll try to add some more pix as soon as I get over the dreadful cold I seem to have gotten on the plane home--the climate wasn't real great. Hope New Orleans is better!

                --Elizabeth