TESOL Convention blog

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here: http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com

      Cheers,
      Nina
    • Holly Dilatush
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
        Hello everyone!

        I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?

        But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):

        << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>

        and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
        http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
        with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.

        I hope to be adding to my blog soon, too -- with professional-development
        oriented posts -- as I go through my conference notes.
        [<< http://blogblossoms.edublogs.org/ >> -- note! There's nothing there
        yet!]

        Enjoy!
        It was a fabulous week, and *so wonderful *to finally meet more webheads
        (and reunite with others).

        Hope to add to the parade next year!
        With cyber smiles and well-wishes
        Holly (Dilatush), Charlottesville, VA, USA

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
        > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
        > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Nina

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
          Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
          some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
          http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html

          Beijos and miss you all!
          Carla
          http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

          On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

          > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
          > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
          > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Nina

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
            Hi Holly--
            Thanks for sharing--and good seeing you in Boston. It was a nice way to spend the day--inside and not driving.

            I went back to Calif driving up I-91 in CT, and thought it would be the end--trucks throwing huge waves, everyone going too fast, and a car ahead of me spun out and under an overpass (just missing the concrete) and landed backwards in a ditch filled with water. The police and bystanders were parked and racing down to get out any passengers. Most rivers had overflowed their banks and the trees were under a foot of water--sometimes almost up onto the highway. The waterfalls were beautiful. Glad I made it to the airport, white-knuckled all the way.

            Let's hope New Orleans is quieter and sunnier.

            Cheers--
            --Elizabeth (glad to be home!)

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Holly Dilatush <holly@...> wrote:

            > Hello everyone!
            >
            > I can't seem to figure out how to add a blog post?
            >
            > But here's a link to my Webheads photo collection from TESOL 2010 (Boston):
            >
            > << http://www.flickr.com/photos/blogblossoms/sets/72157623633953623/ >>
            >
            > and here's a link to my blog on EnglishCafe --
            > http://www.englishcafe.com/Smiling7/blog -- where I've been posting madly
            > with various PhotoPeach and VoiceThread posts.
            [snip]
          • Maria Irene Albers
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
              Great pictures Holly!! It is a shame we didn't meet. Probably in New Orleans.

              Greetings,

              María Irene Albers de Urriola
              Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
              Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
              Universidad de Carabobo

              ________________________________

              On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@ gmail.com> wrote:

              > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
              > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
              > http://wia-in- boston.blogspot. com
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Nina

            • Nina Liakos
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
                Thanks, Carla, and all those who posted. If you want to post and are not a blog member, just email me and I will add you as a writer. nina dot liakos at gmail.com

                I tried to post more content (what I saw) in addition to just photos and social stuff this year--it's hard when you get home so late and are so tired and everything seems to run together in your mind! Having my laptop made it easier (but it was HEAVY).

                I have enjoyed blogging with all who joined the blog and hope those who were unable to travel to Boston enjoyed it as well.

                The blog address is http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com

                Nina

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, Nina, for organizing our space for sharing. I've just posted there
                > some impressions, notes and wonderful photos!
                > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-about-community-and-networking.html
                >
                > Beijos and miss you all!
                > Carla
                > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                >

                > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Those who attended last week's TESOL Convention in Boston are back home
                > > again, and some of us blogged about it and/or posted photos here:
                > > http://wia-in-boston.blogspot.com
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > > Nina

              • Elizabeth
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 5, 2010
                  Thanks so much for putting up the blog, Nina--
                  I hope others will link through their comments so that we can see all the pix and comments in one place.

                  Let's make this a Webheads' tradition!

                  I'll try to add some more pix as soon as I get over the dreadful cold I seem to have gotten on the plane home--the climate wasn't real great. Hope New Orleans is better!

                  --Elizabeth