Peer Governance

  • eurominuteman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010
      A very nice article about The Conflict between Inclusionists and Deletionists within social networks... European Foundation for Quality in eLearning EFQUEL provided it to me recently...

      Leadership and Benevolent Dictatorships

      "Axel Bruns (interview with Bruns, 2009) defines benevolent dictators "as ones of several heterarchical leaders of the community, who have risen to their positions through consistent constructive contribution and stand and fall with the quality of their further performance." It is obvious that through such leadership roles, they may need to push through unpopular decisions.

      As Bruns notes, "if they abuse that power, theirs become a malicious leadership" and what we should expect at this point is "a substantial exodus of community members." Therefore, following Bruns' narrative, "the continued existence of the project at that moment would depend very much on whether the number of exiting members can be made up for in both quality and quantity by incoming new participants."

      http://adult-learning.ning.com/group/qualitycircleforadultlearners/forum/topics/peer-governance-the-conflict

      Thanks, James