Holodeck building session today at 8am SL time

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      If anyone is interested in the educational possibilities of holodecks,
      especially for language learning, then please come to AVALON Learning for a
      holodeck building session today

      More details here:
      http://avalon-project.ning.com/events/avalon-learning-holodeck-ii:

      This session is a follow-on of the previous presentation on January 12, 2010
      when Klaus Hammerm├╝ller of Talkademy presented the newly developed holodeck.

      A holodeck provides with a mouseclick an ambiente for language learning
      which holds great potential for communication in real-time.

      It is also a follow-on of the second session on 23 of February, when we
      learned how to add a script to the objects so that the holodeck generator
      could rezz them.

      During this building session we agreed to continue because it is so much fun
      and we learned lots, and we planned on building a complete scene.

      We have allowed for a 2h time slot but you can still join at anytime. Bring
      your bob the builder's hat.

      AVALON Learning Sandbox<http://slurl.com/secondlife/AVALON%20Learning/11/193/59>

      The following are a couple of links to previous recordings.

      http://avalon-project.ning.com/profiles/blogs/video-clip-holodeck-features

      For an overview of the features, look at the following two presentations.
      http://gallery.me.com/klaus.h#100111
      http://gallery.me.com/klaus.h#100157

      organised by Heike Philp (Gwen Gwasi in SL)

      Graham Stanley
      blogefl@...
      http://blog-efl.blogspot.com