RE: Chat Roulette

  • dk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2010
      Has anyone here tried Chat Roulette?

      http://chatroulette.com/

      It seems to be a good opportunity for students to be able to find people
      around the world to chat with and practice their English but I'm afraid the
      weirdo ratio may be too high to make it recommendable to even adult
      students.

      Dave Kees
    • Thomas N. Robb
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2010
        I tried Chatroulette and got two macho type guys in a row who both clicked
        off as soon as they saw my face. I think they were really hoping to find a
        girl.

        --Tom Robb

        On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM, dk <davekees1@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone here tried Chat Roulette?
        >
        > http://chatroulette.com/
        >
        > It seems to be a good opportunity for students to be able to find people
        > around the world to chat with and practice their English but I'm afraid the
        > weirdo ratio may be too high to make it recommendable to even adult
        > students.
        >
        > Dave Kees

        ******* Don't miss GLoCALL 2010 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia!
        *********
        ************** Dec, 1-3, 2010 http://glocall.org ******************

        ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan **
        ** <trobb@...-su.ac.jp> **
        ** http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html **