Backchannel chat in the classroom - Classroom 2.0 Live - Sat., February 6, 2010, 17:00 GMT

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010
      This just in from the Classroom 2.0 Ning http://www.classroom20.com/

      Date: Sat., February 6, 2010
      Time: 17:00 GMT

      9:00am Pacific/10:00am Mountain/11:00am Central/12:00pm Eastern
      Location: http://tinyurl.com/cr20live (Links to the meeting room and
      other time zones can be found at http://live.classroom20.com/.)

      On February 6th, Kim Caise, Lorna Costantini and Peggy George will be
      hosting another Classroom 2.0 LIVE show. As an extension to the Classroom
      2.0 Ning community, Classroom 2.0 "LIVE" shows are opportunities to gather
      with other educators in real-time events, complete with audio, chat and
      desktop sharing. A Google calendar of upcoming shows is available at
      http://live.classroom20.com/calendar.html. If you haven't used Elluminate
      before, we encourage you to view this tutorial to prepare for the Elluminate
      session: http://www.elluminate.com/support/faq_recordings/FirstTimeUser.jsp.

      The topic this Sat. will be "Backchannel Chat in the Classroom" with
      special guest, Scott Snyder. Scott will share ways he uses backchannel chat
      tools in the classroom. More information and session details are at
      http://live.classroom20.com. If you've never participated in a live webinar,
      don't be afraid to come and observe. 'Dip your toes in' the conversations
      until you feel comfortable enough to "jump into the conversations with both
      feet"! We want to encourage "experienced Web 2.0 users" to join us by
      contributing and extending the conversation by sharing real-life examples
      and tips/suggestions.

      On the Classroom 2.0 LIVE! site (http://live.classroom20.com) you'll
      find the recordings from our recent "Using Web Conferencing in the
      Classroom" show Kim Caise. Click on the "Archives and Resources" tab to view
      this and past recordings. Special thanks to our sponsor, Elluminate, for
      providing the forum that allows us to do this!

      Visit Classroom 2.0 at:
      http://www.classroom20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network