Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Skype alternatives for voice in 1:1 distance teaching

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2010
      Iwonaq,

      Thanks for that reminder of Wi'ZiQ. I looked in on it about two years ago,
      but have not been back since.-

      Dennis

      On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Iwona Gniadek <igniadek@...> wrote:

      > Hi Denis,
      >
      > I recommend WiZiQ. It's a great place for teachers and learners to have
      > their online classes for free, if you don't need recordings.
      >
      > <www.wiziq.com>
      >
      > Greetings,
      > iwona
      >

      > ________________________________

    • nouredine laouni
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2010
        hello the group , i hope you are all well .i'm loking for some resources on online crimes.can anyone please help help me find some resources on this issue.
        best regards
        nour_eddine
        Morocco.

      • Maria Victoria Saumell
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2010
          Dear Dennis,

          I do agree with Iwona about WiZiQ, and it does allow recordings.

          I had problems with the Moodle chat last year with my Master's students and
          switched to Skype. However I was not very satisfied and have decided to go
          for WiZiQ this year!

          It allows many more possibilities thans voice...

          Best,
          Vicky S

          --
          Vicky Saumell
          Dip (TM)TESOL

        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2010
            Vicky,

            Thanks very much indeed for that vote for WiZiQ. I shall definitely try it
            out with my student from Manila. We used Skype today, but the quality was
            rather poor.

            Dennis

          • ronald_g2001
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
              Dennis,

              Userplane <http://www.userplane.com/directory> could be a viable
              alternative: no downloads, no accounts required (other than for the
              creator), choice of text/audio/video chat.

              Another even easier option could be Scribblar
              <http://www.scribblar.com/> : no downloads, no accounts required (other
              than for the creator), choice of text/audio chat + a shared whiteboard.

              Ron Gest

            • mbarek akaddar
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                Dennis ,

                http://openstudy.com/ sounds having necessary features of a virtual classroom with audio and video .Or http://vyew.com/site/ , a virtual classroom audio , video and shared whiteboard

                RegardsMbarek

                http://allsharing.ning.com/

                To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                  Thank YOU so much for sharing,Mbarak.
                  I am creating a room there for my 100 students to use.
                  Looking forward to meeting your students there too.
                  Yaodong

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                    Ron and Mbarek,

                    Thank you so much for sharing those alternatives to Skype for 1:1 teaching
                    online. I shall look at them immediately.

                    Dennis

                  • c chee
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 16, 2010
                      does the voice room have multiple video cam

                      Listen to the quiet thunder and remember.
                      Peace starts with communication.

                      Chee,   www.realteachers.org  www.voicelearning.com
                      email: bchee@...

                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                      From: gestr@sbcglobal. net

                      Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:36:41 +0000

                      Dennis,

                      Userplane <http://www.userplan e.com/directory> could be a viable

                      alternative: no downloads, no accounts required (other than for the

                      creator), choice of text/audio/video chat.

                      Another even easier option could be Scribblar

                      <http://www.scribbla r.com/> : no downloads, no accounts required (other

                      than for the creator), choice of text/audio chat + a shared whiteboard.

                      Ron Gest

                      Votre messagerie et bien plus où que vous soyez. Passez à Windows Live Hotmail, c'est gratuit !

                      https://signup. live.com/ signup.aspx? id=60969

                    • mbarek akaddar
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 16, 2010
                        Hi Yaodong ,
                        Glad that the links were useful toyou .Thank you for having room for us . Where did you create a room ? vyew or openstudy ?

                        Mbarek

                        http://allsharing.ning.com/

                        To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 14, 2010
                          http://www.tokbox.com/view/about
                          Free video chat and video mail to anyone in the world without downloads or
                          hassles. Video call your AIM, MSN, GMail and Yahoo buddies.