Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Skype alternatives for voice in 1:1 distance teaching

  • Iwona Gniadek
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2010
      Hi Denis,

      I recommend WiZiQ. It's a great place for teachers and learners to have their online classes for free, if you don't need recordings.

      <www.wiziq.com>

      Greetings,
      iwona

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2010
        Iwonaq,

        Thanks for that reminder of Wi'ZiQ. I looked in on it about two years ago,
        but have not been back since.-

        Dennis

        On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Iwona Gniadek <igniadek@...> wrote:

        > Hi Denis,
        >
        > I recommend WiZiQ. It's a great place for teachers and learners to have
        > their online classes for free, if you don't need recordings.
        >
        > <www.wiziq.com>
        >
        > Greetings,
        > iwona
        >

        > ________________________________

      • nouredine laouni
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2010
          hello the group , i hope you are all well .i'm loking for some resources on online crimes.can anyone please help help me find some resources on this issue.
          best regards
          nour_eddine
          Morocco.

        • Maria Victoria Saumell
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2010
            Dear Dennis,

            I do agree with Iwona about WiZiQ, and it does allow recordings.

            I had problems with the Moodle chat last year with my Master's students and
            switched to Skype. However I was not very satisfied and have decided to go
            for WiZiQ this year!

            It allows many more possibilities thans voice...

            Best,
            Vicky S

            --
            Vicky Saumell
            Dip (TM)TESOL

          • Dennis Newson
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2010
              Vicky,

              Thanks very much indeed for that vote for WiZiQ. I shall definitely try it
              out with my student from Manila. We used Skype today, but the quality was
              rather poor.

              Dennis

            • ronald_g2001
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                Dennis,

                Userplane <http://www.userplane.com/directory> could be a viable
                alternative: no downloads, no accounts required (other than for the
                creator), choice of text/audio/video chat.

                Another even easier option could be Scribblar
                <http://www.scribblar.com/> : no downloads, no accounts required (other
                than for the creator), choice of text/audio chat + a shared whiteboard.

                Ron Gest

              • mbarek akaddar
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                  Dennis ,

                  http://openstudy.com/ sounds having necessary features of a virtual classroom with audio and video .Or http://vyew.com/site/ , a virtual classroom audio , video and shared whiteboard

                  RegardsMbarek

                  http://allsharing.ning.com/

                  To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                    Thank YOU so much for sharing,Mbarak.
                    I am creating a room there for my 100 students to use.
                    Looking forward to meeting your students there too.
                    Yaodong

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 15, 2010
                      Ron and Mbarek,

                      Thank you so much for sharing those alternatives to Skype for 1:1 teaching
                      online. I shall look at them immediately.

                      Dennis

                    • c chee
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 16, 2010
                        does the voice room have multiple video cam

                        Listen to the quiet thunder and remember.
                        Peace starts with communication.

                        Chee,   www.realteachers.org  www.voicelearning.com
                        email: bchee@...

                        ____________ _________ _________ __

                        From: gestr@sbcglobal. net

                        Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:36:41 +0000

                        Dennis,

                        Userplane <http://www.userplan e.com/directory> could be a viable

                        alternative: no downloads, no accounts required (other than for the

                        creator), choice of text/audio/video chat.

                        Another even easier option could be Scribblar

                        <http://www.scribbla r.com/> : no downloads, no accounts required (other

                        than for the creator), choice of text/audio chat + a shared whiteboard.

                        Ron Gest

                        Votre messagerie et bien plus où que vous soyez. Passez à Windows Live Hotmail, c'est gratuit !

                        https://signup. live.com/ signup.aspx? id=60969

                      • mbarek akaddar
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 16, 2010
                          Hi Yaodong ,
                          Glad that the links were useful toyou .Thank you for having room for us . Where did you create a room ? vyew or openstudy ?

                          Mbarek

                          http://allsharing.ning.com/

                          To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 14, 2010
                            http://www.tokbox.com/view/about
                            Free video chat and video mail to anyone in the world without downloads or
                            hassles. Video call your AIM, MSN, GMail and Yahoo buddies.