Re: [multilit] Re: Tagging in Action at ITValley10

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi again,

      As promised to the people in Cairo last night I just went through my slides
      at
      http://www.slideshare.net/vances/tag-games-an-evo-speedgeek

      and brought each link up in delicious and tagged each with a tag set
      including ITValley10 and evomlit

      Some other tags used included niletesol itvalley10 evomlit evo evo10 evo2010
      vancestevens tagging aggregation speedgeeking webheadsinaction speedgeek
      search imagesearch images pics &etc.

      As a result you can visit http://delicious.com/tag/ITValley10 and find all
      the links used in the two presentations, the one mentioned in the slide show
      (the speedgeek, with link to recorded presentation given in the slideshow)
      and the 2-hour session given Feb 3, 2010 at
      http://tinyurl.com/100203itvalley

      This whole process is meant to illustrate the power of tagging for streaming
      content strewn over the apparently (but not) chaotic Internet and directing
      it right at learners.

      I was asked repeatedly in the presentation last night to give illustrations
      of how these concepts could be used with classes of students. Tagging sites
      you want them to visit in Delicious (as I've done here) is one way, and all
      of the links so tagged give other examples of tools you can use to do
      exactly that. In order to follow the logic you need to think of the
      audience at NileTESOL as being a class of students, and did we show them how
      to use tagging in their classrooms? You judge ;-)

      Thanks all who attended, watched the recordings later, and played the F.U.N.
      tag games,