Vidyo anyone?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      Hi folks,

      This is by no means an endorsement, but the SCoPE folks are active today
      with this:
      http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=10151

      where it says "The second live session we are scheduling next week to
      demonstrate and discuss some ways to use online tools for online interviews
      is using Vidyo. Based on the Using Vidyo for Online Interviews Doodle poll
      results, there are a couple times that work well for 11 of the 12 people who
      voted. The kind folks at Vidyo have offered to host 2 sessions to
      accommodate as many people as possible. Both will be recorded.

      Where: VidyoConferencing Room (URL to follow)
      When: Friday, January 29, 2010 at:
      1) 19:00 GMT - Check time and date for your time zone
      2) 21:00 GMT - Check time and date for your time zone

      You will need an audio set up, including a microphone. I have also set up a
      Backnoise chat so that we will have a way to communicate by text:
      http://backnoise.com/?eResearch
      (Or go to Backnoise.com and enter 'eResearch' where it says 'conversation
      name'.)
      There is no login required for this chat tool.

      I had a look at http://www.vidyo.com/ and viewed the demo there on personal
      telepresence, which I found amusing (it's not a freebie), but I would not
      wish to bias you further.

      Anyway SCoPE does laudable work for free, and there's more about their
      current seminar here:
      http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=5081

      If interested, this is for your information,