Re: [evonline2002_webheads] RE: Seeking site for WorldCALL 4 (2013) (Brazil?)

  • Thomas N. Robb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2010
      First, I need to say that I am not the one who decides on these things. I
      was merely passing on Mike Levy's message to you all because you are all so
      connected and together!!

      While the location is, of course, important, I think that the committee will
      be looking at the entire "package" -- the size and capabilities of the
      facilities, the track record for past events, the amount of funding that
      they can bring to the event, etc., etc. Thus, if some regional associations
      can band together, a stronger bid can probably be made. All of the criteria
      are outlined in detail on the worldcall.org site.

      Of course, that having been said, a location that would make people WANT to
      attend is a definite plus!

      Cheers,
      Tom

      On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Evelyn Izquierdo <
      izquierdo_evelyn@...> wrote:

      > Dear Tom:
      >
      > I am so excited with the news. What about Brazil? That was scholarship
      > recipients' proposal in Japan, in 2008. It would be great to have the
      > WorldCALL in Latin America!!! I think it is one of the best options 'we'
      > can offer. I am from Venezuela, but I think, geographically, it is an ideal
      > place for all in LA; not mentioning the great tech potential they have.
      > Erika, Ronaldo, Carla and other Brazilian Webheads, what do you think?
      > Regional CALL associations like AVEALMEC, ARCALL, and Braz-Tesol/CALL-SIG
      > might help a lot. Please, think about it!
      >
      > Cheers!!!
      >
      > Evelyn Izquierdo
      > Escuela de Educación
      > Universidad Central de Venezuela
      > http://evelynizquierdo.wordpress.com/
      > http://beyondtheenglishclassroomwalls.blogspot.com/

      ******* Don't miss GLoCALL 2010 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia!
      *********
      ************** Dec, 1-3, 2010 http://glocall.org ******************

      ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan **
      ** <trobb@...-su.ac.jp> **
      ** http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html **