Re: [evonline2002_webheads] no child left thinking Monday, 25 January 2010, 21:30:00 GMT

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2010
      I even misspelled Saskatchewan!

      ... and proving once again that knowledge within a distributed learning
      network does not need to reside within one's self. Knowledge gaps such as
      this one are often rounded out by other nodes in the network.

      However, this does have me looking at a map of Canada. I know something of
      the geography of the four western and eastern provinces I have actually
      driven through but I see that I have totally missed out on Saskatchewan and
      Manitoba, both important hubs of connectivism, and it's nice to see the
      locations of the towns of Moose Jaw (Dean Shareski), Regina (the capital of
      Alec Couros to me), Winnipeg (George Siemens and Darren Karupatwa), and then
      moving further east and observing the proximity of Moncton, New Brunswick
      (Stephen Downes) and Charlottown, PEI (Dave Cormier).

      Amy Goodman (http://democracynow.org) was being interviewed on Al Jazeera
      the other day and she mentioned that Kyoto had been removed from the list of
      Japanese cities slated to be bombed (nuclear) because the US Secretary of
      State at the time had actually been there and knew what a beautiful city it
      was. Too bad he had not visited the strikingly scenic Nagasaki on the same
      trip, which several of us traveled to from WorldCALL in Fukuoka.

      Knowledge of geography is indeed critically important to understanding one
      another, speaking of which, did anyone catch the presentation?