Re: {Disarmed} RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Flickr

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3 1:15 PM
      If there is no license specified then it's automatically full copyright
      (even when the *© *sign is not there).
      Warm regards,
      Bee

      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://barbaradieu.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3 9:15 PM
        Hi,

        This is an interesting discussion and a topic I broached in my slide show at
        my recent AVEALMEC / ARCALL presentation

        http://www.slideshare.net/vances/modeling-social-media-in-groups-communities-and-networks-socialnetworking-2009-online-conference

        To illustrate the point, the images there are all creative commons (or my
        own) and attributed. Some of the links will lead you to repositories of
        creative commons images.

        One source for CC art is to use Google's Image Search, advanced, and pull
        down not filtered for license to expose the other choices, which become
        clear when you examine the various creative commons licenses.

        Best,

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4 2:54 AM
          At 05:30 AM 4/01/2010, you wrote:

          >Thanks, Nik and thanks Michael earlier on
          >
          >I am unsure as to why on Earth I did assume that Flickr is copyleft. Thanks!
          >
          >Yes, I would have asked for permission but was not sure who to ask on
          >Flickr?

          If you go to the Profile of the person whose image you want to use
          there is a little mail symbol that you can use to write them via Flickr mail.

          - Michael.