FLICKR

  • Natasha Jovanovich
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
      Happy New Year to all of you!

      I have a question for you whether if photos are imported from Flickr for material development, it goes without saying that these are copyleft?

      Natasha
      Belgrade, Serbia
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
        Hi Natasha.

        Photos on Flickr are subject to the normal range
        of copyright protections. Most photos on Flick
        are NOT 'copyleft', but many are. If you select
        the "Only search within Creative Commons-licensed
        content" and "Find content to use commercially"
        options at the bottom of the page at
        http://www.flickr.com/search/advanced/ you can
        use photos found via this method for materials
        development. To see more on the various kinds of
        Creative Commons license check http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

        - Michael

        ----------

        At 07:58 PM 3/01/2010, you wrote:

        >Happy New Year to all of you!
        >
        >I have a question for you whether if photos are
        >imported from Flickr for material development,
        >it goes without saying that these are copyleft?
        >
        >Natasha
        >Belgrade, Serbia

      • Maryanne
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
          Natasha,
          Another good site for finding Flickr images to use is
          http://johnjohnston.info/flickrCC/index.php
          <http://johnjohnston.info/flickrCC/index.php> . This site allows you to
          search for photos, specify the number of thumbnails you want to view,
          click on the thumbnail to see a small image and get the code to embed
          the photo with attribution on your blog. When you see the code you can
          toggle left/ right alignment and small/medium size. If you are allowed
          to you can edit a large size in picnik, if you do so you will need to
          handle the attribution for this yourself. You can also use the stamp
          buttons to produce versions of the image with the attribution stamped
          onto them. So now you have another tool for finding appropriate photos!
          Maryanne
          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Natasha Jovanovich"
          <natasa-jovanovic@...> wrote:

          > Happy New Year to all of you!
          >
          > I have a question for you whether if photos are imported from Flickr
          for material development, it goes without saying that these are
          copyleft?

          > Natasha
          > Belgrade, Serbia

        • Natasha Jovanovich
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2010
            Vance, Maryanne, Michael!
            profuse thanks my end!

            Natasha

            _____

            Another good site for finding Flickr images to use is
            http://johnjohnston <http://johnjohnston.info/flickrCC/index.php>
            .info/flickrCC/index.php
            <http://johnjohnston <http://johnjohnston.info/flickrCC/index.php>
            .info/flickrCC/index.php> . This site allows you to
            search for photos, specify the number of thumbnails you want to view,
            click on the thumbnail to see a small image and get the code to embed
            the photo with attribution on your blog. When you see the code you can
            toggle left/ right alignment and small/medium size. If you are allowed
            to you can edit a large size in picnik, if you do so you will need to
            handle the attribution for this yourself. You can also use the stamp
            buttons to produce versions of the image with the attribution stamped
            onto them. So now you have another tool for finding appropriate photos!
            Maryanne
            --- In evonline2002_ <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
            <natasa-jovanovic@...> wrote:

            > Happy New Year to all of you!
            >
            > I have a question for you whether if photos are imported from Flickr
            for material development, it goes without saying that these are
            copyleft?

            > Natasha
            > Belgrade, Serbia

          • Ibrahim Rustamov
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
              Hi Natasha and everyone,

              I would not recommend using pictures of people from Flickr even if they
              are are copyleft. You may not know if they can change their licensing
              information. I always use commons.wikimedia.org and even sometimes
              contribute photographs. Licenses are clearly explained and you might
              find Wikimedia Commons very helpful.

              Happy New Year!

              Ibrahim

              Hartford, CT