Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Shortening + david crystal

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      Hi, Elizabeth!

      I have two of David Crystal's books and enjoyed them very much.

      He was the keynote speaker at the APPI Conf in Lisbon this year and he's a
      great storyteller with a fabulous sense of humor. He had a packed auditorium
      with their eyes and ears glued to him.

      Hugs, Teresa

      > A must-read for those interested in defending the language: David
      > Crystal's Language Pundits Ate, Shot and Left
      > <http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199207640.do> .
      > a great light read.
      > Elizabeth Anne
    • Graham Stanley
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
        I second that, Teresa- I saw him speak at TESOL Madrid, and again in
        Barcelona - he's one of the few ELT conference speakers that can engage an
        audience without any visuals at all.

        I can recommend that fabulous Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language and he's
        also written a fabulous book called "txtng - the gr8 db8", which debunks the
        myth that text messaging is bad for the language.

        finally, good news for anyone going to BRAZ-TESOL next year - he'll be there
        as a plenary speaker I think.

        Best,

        Graham

        On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
        <tmvaz@...>wrote:

        > Hi, Elizabeth!
        >
        > I have two of David Crystal's books and enjoyed them very much.
        >
        > He was the keynote speaker at the APPI Conf in Lisbon this year and he's a
        > great storyteller with a fabulous sense of humor. He had a packed
        > auditorium
        > with their eyes and ears glued to him.
        >
        > Hugs, Teresa
        >

        > > A must-read for those interested in defending the language: David
        > > Crystal's Language Pundits Ate, Shot and Left
        > > <http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199207640.do> .
        > > a great light read.
        > > Elizabeth Anne

      • Natasha Jovanovich
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
          Dr Grhm :)

          right you are. He gave a lecture over here in Belgrade. Serbia yesterday at
          Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade and another one on this
          forthcoming Sunday.

          Bst,
          Ntsh:)

          _____

          <tmvaz@.... <mailto:tmvaz%40mail.telepac.pt> pt>wrote:

          > Hi, Elizabeth!
          >
          > I have two of David Crystal's books and enjoyed them very much.
          >
          > He was the keynote speaker at the APPI Conf in Lisbon this year and he's a
          > great storyteller with a fabulous sense of humor. He had a packed
          > auditorium
          > with their eyes and ears glued to him.
          >
          > Hugs, Teresa
          >

          > > A must-read for those interested in defending the language: David
          > > Crystal's Language Pundits Ate, Shot and Left
          > > <http://ukcatalogue.
          <http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199207640.do>
          oup.com/product/9780199207640.do> .
          > > a great light read.