RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Platforms for creating live online webseminars

  • Squires, Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
      Nik,

      I had some experience teaching ESL students using Discovere: http://www.compued.com.au/conference/tour/

      At&T purchased the webconfercing side of things a few years ago, so it is now powered by AT&T Connect: http://www.business.att.com/enterprise/Service/unified-communications-enterprise/conferencing-services-enterprise/web-conferencing-enterprise/ I think it could accommodate numbers.

      I have also presented with Home meeting: http://www.homemeeting.com/en_US/index.html. We had about 40 people. I would need to research this more, but it might serve your purposes. (My impression was that it was a little clunky).

      Wimba also have a webconferencing tool: http://www.wimba.com/demos/. I’ve sat in on a few sessions, and they have worked pretty well.

      My preference is for Elluminate at this time, but Adobe Connect would be a close second (I need more experience using the tool to comment properly, though).

      Best,

      Robert

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        Nik,

        I happened to attend a webinar yesterday organised by Macmillan. I was told
        that the talk would be archived. I'll look up the URL.

        Here we are:

        *http://tinyurl.com/y88zedu

        That should take you to the registration page for webinars, and from there
        you will find the archives.

        The quality of the site i.e. sound and images was quite excellent. I think
        the platform was called Puma.

        In general, though, I find Elluminate first class, though first time users
        get scared that their PCs are being taken over when the downloads start!
        Dennis

        Cheers,

        Dennis*