Platforms for creating live online webseminars

  • Nik Peachey
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi All

      I'm investigating platforms for live webseminars and wondered if anyone had any recommendations beyond these ones.The platform would need to be able to cope with a scale of upto 100 attendees.

      Adobe connect
      DimDim
      Eluminate
      WiZiQ
      Instant presenter
      GoToWebinar

      Also if anyone has links to archived webseminar presentations that would be handy too.

      Thanks

      Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer
      Teacher Development: http://nikpeachey.blogspot.com/
      News and Tips: http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
      Student Activities: http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/
      On Social media: http://bloggingandsocialmedia.blogspot.com/
      On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NikPeachey
    • Squires, Robert
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        Nik,

        I had some experience teaching ESL students using Discovere: http://www.compued.com.au/conference/tour/

        At&T purchased the webconfercing side of things a few years ago, so it is now powered by AT&T Connect: http://www.business.att.com/enterprise/Service/unified-communications-enterprise/conferencing-services-enterprise/web-conferencing-enterprise/ I think it could accommodate numbers.

        I have also presented with Home meeting: http://www.homemeeting.com/en_US/index.html. We had about 40 people. I would need to research this more, but it might serve your purposes. (My impression was that it was a little clunky).

        Wimba also have a webconferencing tool: http://www.wimba.com/demos/. I’ve sat in on a few sessions, and they have worked pretty well.

        My preference is for Elluminate at this time, but Adobe Connect would be a close second (I need more experience using the tool to comment properly, though).

        Best,

        Robert

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
          Nik,

          I happened to attend a webinar yesterday organised by Macmillan. I was told
          that the talk would be archived. I'll look up the URL.

          Here we are:

          *http://tinyurl.com/y88zedu

          That should take you to the registration page for webinars, and from there
          you will find the archives.

          The quality of the site i.e. sound and images was quite excellent. I think
          the platform was called Puma.

          In general, though, I find Elluminate first class, though first time users
          get scared that their PCs are being taken over when the downloads start!
          Dennis

          Cheers,

          Dennis*