Death By Powerpoint

  • Seth Dickens
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2009
      Dear all,

      If you want to show your students the very basics of decent PowerPoint
      design, you can't go far wrong with Alexi Kapterev's "Death By PowerPoint:
      http://www.slideshare.net/thecroaker/death-by-powerpoint

      I'm planning on using it tomorrow with my teenage students to show them a
      little about how not to make hideous PowerPoints (They're very, very good at
      making hideous PowerPoints!) To this end I've written a companion worksheet
      with a few gist and comprehension questions which I've shared on my blog
      here:
      http://www.digitalang.com/2009/11/death-by-powerpoint-comprehension-questions/

      Feel free to use them.

      All the very best,

      Seth.

      --
      Seth Dickens

      Homepage:
      http://www.digitalang.com

      Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
      http://www.digitalang.com/blog

      Twitter:
      www.twitter.com/sethdickens

    • Nelba
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2009
        Dear Seth,

        th
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Seth Dickens
        <sethdickens@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > If you want to show your students the very basics of decent PowerPoint
        > design, you can't go far wrong with Alexi Kapterev's "Death By
        PowerPoint:
        > http://www.slideshare.net/thecroaker/death-by-powerpoint
        >
        > I'm planning on using it tomorrow with my teenage students to show
        them a
        > little about how not to make hideous PowerPoints (They're very, very
        good at
        > making hideous PowerPoints!) To this end I've written a companion
        worksheet
        > with a few gist and comprehension questions which I've shared on my
        blog
        > here:

        http://www.digitalang.com/2009/11/death-by-powerpoint-comprehension-ques\
        tions/

        > Feel free to use them.
        >
        > All the very best,
        >
        > Seth.
        >

        > --
        > Seth Dickens
        >
        > Homepage:
        > http://www.digitalang.com
        >
        > Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
        > http://www.digitalang.com/blog
        >
        > Twitter:
        > www.twitter.com/sethdickens

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2009
          Loved it, Seth! Thanks.

          In fact, I learned tons with the Presentation Zen blog
          http://www.presentationzen.com/presentationzen/

          Carla
          http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com

          On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Seth Dickens <sethdickens@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > If you want to show your students the very basics of decent PowerPoint
          > design, you can't go far wrong with Alexi Kapterev's "Death By PowerPoint:
          > http://www.slideshare.net/thecroaker/death-by-powerpoint
          >
          > I'm planning on using it tomorrow with my teenage students to show them a
          > little about how not to make hideous PowerPoints (They're very, very good
          > at
          > making hideous PowerPoints!) To this end I've written a companion worksheet
          > with a few gist and comprehension questions which I've shared on my blog
          > here:
          >
          > http://www.digitalang.com/2009/11/death-by-powerpoint-comprehension-questions/
          >
          > Feel free to use them.
          >
          > All the very best,
          >
          > Seth.
          >
          > --
          > Seth Dickens
          >
          > Homepage:
          > http://www.digitalang.com
          >
          > Thoughts and practical tips on ICT in language education:
          > http://www.digitalang.com/blog
          >
          > Twitter:
          > www.twitter.com/sethdickens

        • Gilmar Mattos
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
            I also learned a lot and feel kind of "ashamed" of some of my old ppt presentations.
            Well, never too late to learn,right?
            Thanks!!

            Gilmar Mattos